Menu
Adrian2
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Too Many Recipients (VM502)

I am on vacation in the USA and have sent 2 or 3 emails today. I now get the Too Many Recipients error every time I try to send an email to anyone using my laptop. When I try with the iPad I get The Recipients Were Rejected By The Server.

This happens every day. This is crazy, anyone got a solution?

Adrian

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Too Many Recipients (VM502)

seriously, the only sensible solution is get a gmail account. the VM email so-called-service is not fit for purpose, and has been that way for so long it's not even a joke now.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Adrian

I am sorry you are encountering problems sending email while on holiday in the USA. We have a lot of attempted abuse to our email platform from there by spammers so we limit the number of recipients that you may send to over a rolling 24 hour period. A VM502 message indicates that this has been exceeded, it is not a fault. When people encounter this we would please advise to use webmail as this is much more difficult to exploit so hence the sending limits are higher.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Adrian2
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola

Thanks for the information. The daily limit for emails over the 24 hour period must be very low, like 4 or 5. Can it be set to something sensible like maybe 10?

Thanks

Adrian

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Adrian

I am really sorry that this is still affecting you. We do not publicise the actual recipient rate (not email rate) but you are right it is quite low for your part of the world. We base it on the level of abuse of our SMTP servers we tend to see from a particular area and sadly where you are it is very high. We have no plans to change it at the moment, as I mentioned before I appreciate it may not be as friendly but the limits on Webmail are much higher so please consider using that while you are away.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos