Menu
jubby49
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thunderbird e-mail account

After having to do a reset on a new computer I had to re-install thunderbird, I managed to get one account sorted, but I can't sort my main account which is virginmedia.

When I set up my Talktalk account I had to sign in with my old ntlworld account, and when I set up my virginmedia account I had to sign in with my Talktalk account, but now I haven't the slightest idea how to retrieve my virginmedia e-mails I've tried adding an account but it does not work. I recently changed to Sky , about August, does this have any bearing on my problem. Here's hoping someone can help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Thunderbird e-mail account

I can only tell you about VM. If you have left VM as your BB supplier then your VM address will have been discontinued and deleted permanently 90 days after leaving. Sometimes they stay alive longer but will eventually go. Looks like that is what may have happened here.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I can only tell you about VM. If you have left VM as your BB supplier then your VM address will have been discontinued and deleted permanently 90 days after leaving. Sometimes they stay alive longer but will eventually go. Looks like that is what may have happened here.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
jubby49
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark, I was afraid that was going to be the answer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello jubby49

Following on from Howard's advice, if your mail boxes are still active after leaving us then it may be possible to download emails to Thunderbird, please try the incoming mail server settings here Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

Thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos