Menu
Starann17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tablet issues with emails

My husband's email account keeps dropping when he uses his Samsung tablet. It used to work ok so what might have changed?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Tablet issues with emails

The most likely cause is a poor signal between the tablet and your router.

Google "wi-fi around the house" and read a few articles.

See also the guidance at the top of the Networking and Wireless section of this community site - 

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-wireless/bd-p/Wireless

0 Kudos
Starann17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but other devices eg my phone don't have the same problem, and the tablet was fine until a few weeks ago when this suddenly started happening.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Starann17,

Apologies for this, I'll do my best to help Smiley Happy

Firstly it would be fairly safe to assume that the issue is related to the tablet in some way because other devices are not affected.

However I'd like to know a little more about your setup to see if there's some other cause:

• Do you have any other devices connected via Wi-Fi?
  • Is any other Internet based activity losing connection on the tablet (i.e. browsing, streaming, downloading etc)?
  • What happens when the email account is dropped? Please explain exactly what you are seeing - for instance does the screen lock up, does the email app close?

Awaiting your reply so I can help further Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Starann17
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply - sorry to be a long time getting back as I have been busy over the Christmas period.

In answer to the 3 points you queried

1. other devices connected via wifi are a Samsung phone and a laptop

2.No other internet based applications are losing connection, just emails via Virginmedia

3. When it drops it is just the email app that disappears, nothing freezes, everything else is still working and useable.

Sometimes it can be recovered just by reloading the page with the reload icon, othertimes he has to switch the tablet off then on again. His email address is a @ntlworld.com one.

I have looked at the settings and they seem equivalent to those on my phone, so not sure what to do next. It is not a major issue as he can get around it by rebooting, but it is so annoying when you are half way through something etc.

Thanks for your time looking at this.

Anne

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anne, 

Thanks for getting back to me, hope you had an enjoyable festive break Smiley Happy

This is interesting because no obvious cause or solution jumps out at me, sorry.
If you don't mind I'd like to discount wireless and email settings from the equation, so please follow the advice offered in the below links:

To be fair the above may make no difference at all, but are worth the attempt.

Please let me know how you get on Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team