Just joined
RachelC

Supanet emails

I don't know if anyone else has the same problem as me but Supanet is my ISP and my main email address is a supanet.com address.  I have configured my outgoing SMTP settings as per the guidelines on the Virgin site, however when they arrive, at their destination the From line states that it is sent from my blueyonder address 'on behalf of' my supanet address.

Is there any way to prevent this happening so that when emails arrive at their destination the From line just reads that it's from my supanet email address?

Thanks

Rachel

Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely II
scooby52

Re: Supanet emails

Rachel,

Maybe I am missing something, but if Supanet is your ISP, why not use their mail server?

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Trickiejohn

There is an answer on here somewhere :smileyhappy:

you need to search for it, as I'm to lazy :smileyhappy:

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Just joined
RachelC

Hi Scooby

I can receive emails via the POP3 for Supanet but I can't send as I have had to change outgoing settings in line with Virgin Media's SMTP settings.  The trouble is, when emails get to their destination they now say that they are from my VM email address on behalf of my Supanet address.  I've had a look at other posts on the forum but there's nothing really recent which would indicate that this had been addressed which is why I posted the query again :smileysad:

Rachel

Please use plain text.
Just joined
RachelC

Hi Tricklejohn

If you are too lazy to post anything helpful, then I'm surprised you have bothered to reply to my message

at all

As I have said above, I have searched but there isn't anything I can find that is within the past 2 months so I made what I consider to be a reasonable query in the circumstances.

Rachel

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard II
Graham_A

RachelC wrote:

Hi Scooby

I can receive emails via the POP3 for Supanet but I can't send as I have had to change outgoing settings in line with Virgin Media's SMTP settings.  The trouble is, when emails get to their destination they now say that they are from my VM email address on behalf of my Supanet address.  I've had a look at other posts on the forum but there's nothing really recent which would indicate that this had been addressed which is why I posted the query again :smileysad:

Rachel

Have you registered your Supanet address as an additional email address in VM webmail?

If you register your Supanet email with VM via their webmail interface you will be able to set it so that the emails you send through the vm server show your Supanet address and this can be set as the reply to address. The instructions on how to do that can be found here: http://help.virginmedia.com/system/viewArticle.jsp?uuid=AA14F60B-8E94-4215-95C8-000432F6B268

However, some email clients will show the email as being sent from your VM address on behalf of your own domain address, but replies should still go to the own domain address.

Please use plain text.