Menu
Crescent
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly unable to send or forward Blueyonder emails from Virgin iphone 5s on 4G

Up until about 3 weeks ago my iphone 5s sent and received emails fine and this was working even while I was in France. Suddenly I am unable to send or forward emails with the error message "Cannot send Mail, The username or password for *********@blueyonder.co.uk is incorrect". I have gone through all the settings and they are correct as per Virgin Media own site. My account has no problems when using Firefox on my PC just my iphone 5s. I have been reading the forum for days now trying all the fixes other users say but to no avail, can anyone help?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Suddenly unable to send or forward Blueyonder emails from Virgin iphone 5s on 4G

You do not mention changing any passwords in recent times, so I assume you have NOT.

First thing to try is logging in to MyVirginMedia/My Profile/Manage Accounts and change the password to THE SAME THING AS YOU BELIEVE IT TO ALREADY BE. This should generate a refresh of the password across all VM’s SMTP servers which handle blueyonder addresses and should correct any misconfigurations or corruptions in this respect. Note that it may take a while to get round them all and may not happen instantly. Be patient for a little while.

If that doesn’t work, you are faced with deleting the account and setting it up again. You therefore need to carefully follow ravenstar68’s instructive post on the subject -

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Suddenly unable to send or forward Blueyonder emails from Virgin iphone 5s on 4G

You do not mention changing any passwords in recent times, so I assume you have NOT.

First thing to try is logging in to MyVirginMedia/My Profile/Manage Accounts and change the password to THE SAME THING AS YOU BELIEVE IT TO ALREADY BE. This should generate a refresh of the password across all VM’s SMTP servers which handle blueyonder addresses and should correct any misconfigurations or corruptions in this respect. Note that it may take a while to get round them all and may not happen instantly. Be patient for a little while.

If that doesn’t work, you are faced with deleting the account and setting it up again. You therefore need to carefully follow ravenstar68’s instructive post on the subject -

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

Crescent
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the fast reply BillC45 but I had tried everything I could find from the forum members including numerous password changes, server settings and account deleting.

But thanks to the link you sent I was able to find, through numerous postings from that one, the idea that C_J_W had posted to stop using the iphone mail app and install `my mail` from the apple app store instead.

This has worked a treat, I can now send and forward emails as before.

So once again thanks for your help.

0 Kudos