Menu
BarbaraFranks
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Suddenly can't send e mails.

Suddenly I can't send e mails, yet I can receive them.  I am getting an error message saying I am putting the wrong password in but I know it's the right password. Have been onto technical helpline and they say it's not a problem with them but with Apple.  I am using an Apple Air iPad.  But Apple support staff have tried everything and say it's definitely a fault with Virgin Media.  What do I do now?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Suddenly can't send e mails.

You start by reading the long standing Forum advice here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

It is NOT generally a VM problem. It is down to the ability of Apple devices to lose settings. However there is one set of circumstances where it is a VM problem. We will only know that when you have recreated the account and in the circumstances described in this thread:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/email-failure-on-iphone/td-p/3356420

when we may have to get the Forum team to look at your account.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
madusmacus
Dialled in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Same here came to forum to see whats up with smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

normal windows 10 pc here using outlook no problems for ages :¬)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@madusmacus

Disappointingly you've jumped into a thread that is NOTHING to do with your problem. This is not great practice because it disrupts the flow of advice we are able to offer the original poster, and the advice we are able to offer you.

There is nothing wrong with any of VM's SMTP servers at present. If you have an issue with sending mail would you please start your own thread with a clear description of the problem and any error messages you are seeing.

That way you'll get the help you need.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
madusmacus
Dialled in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oooops sorry please delete I meant nothing bad 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi BarbaraFranks,

Apologies for your recent problems with sending mail. Assuming the email account in question is the one that you registered on this Forum with then the solution lies in changing your email password.

Inspection of the SMTP logs reveals a VM321 (525) error which equates to 'too may invalid authentication attempts per hour. These sending attempts were all from the same IP address (Vodafone) so there doesn't appear to be an issue with unauthorised email access attempts.

Please change your email password to something unique, update the password in your app and re-attempt to send mail.

This should work for you, but do please post an update so we know how you got on.

All the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi madusmacus,

I'd love to help you with your email issue too, though am slightly hindered by not knowing what email address is affected. So I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting details. Just reply when you can and I'll see what I can find out for you.

I shall do that before asking a bunch of questions relating to the issue, just in case they're not needed and to avoid confusing matters.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Jen_A wrote:

Hi madusmacus,

I'd love to help you with your email issue too, though am slightly hindered by not knowing what email address is affected. So I've sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting details. Just reply when you can and I'll see what I can find out for you.

I shall do that before asking a bunch of questions relating to the issue, just in case they're not needed and to avoid confusing matters.

Looking forward to your reply Smiley Happy

Solved; http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Cant-send-emails-via-smtp-blueyonder-co-uk-started-today/t...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi madusmacus,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry for not spotting your other thread earlier. Glad it's all sorted for you now and do please come back if you encounter any other issues that require our assistance.

All the best Smiley Happy

@HowardML - thanks for the FYI on the other thread Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos