Menu
MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Sub Folders

Hi

For some reason I cannot see my sub-folders in the list of folders down the left hand side in Virgin Mail.

I know they must be there as I created a new sub-folder with the same name as an existing one and it automatically named it xxxxxx2.

Can somebody tell me how I get them in view, please?

I am using IMAP via Outlook 2010

Thanks

0 Kudos
MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sub Folders

Oh, erm, sorry - just did a screen refresh and they suddenly all appeared. Strange!!!!!

0 Kudos
MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Oh duh!

Sorry they haven't all just reappeared.

The top tier of folders is INBOX - then I have sub-folders  e.g. family - then sub-folders of FAMILY e.g. brother, sister, dad etc and it's this last tier of folders that aren't showing.

So, does anybody know how to get them in view please?

And sorry for the confusion! :-(

Thanks

Matthew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

HI MRSH,

Apologies for the problems you're having with viewing the folders in your mail client. I suspect this may have occurred due to the recent changes we've made to our email platform, though I'm not personally aware of this particular issue affecting any other customers, not yet anyway.

But first, just so that I have a correct understanding of this problem, is this an issue when you're logged into webmail or when you have your client (Outlook) open?

Whilst I await your reply, please take a look at our help pages regarding the email changes as you may find it helpful.

I'll look out for your reply so I can be of help Smiley Happy

Jen

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Jen_A wrote:

HI MRSH,

Apologies for the problems you're having with viewing the folders in your mail client. I suspect this may have occurred due to the recent changes we've made to our email platform, though I'm not personally aware of this particular issue affecting any other customers, not yet anyway.

But first, just so that I have a correct understanding of this problem, is this an issue when you're logged into webmail or when you have your client (Outlook) open?

Whilst I await your reply, please take a look at our help pages regarding the email changes as you may find it helpful.

I'll look out for your reply so I can be of help Smiley Happy

Jen

Hi Jen_A

Now this is weird. Going through the help forum I saw your reply so decided to take a look at the mail again - and ALL the sub-folders have disappeared again. I can only see the INBOX and none of the 2nd and 3rd tier of sub-folders.

To answer your question - this is on VM Webmail. My Outlook is nicely arranged in sub-folders as I want it but I just can't see them in Webmail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matthew

0 Kudos
MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I still can't see any of my sub-folders in Webmail!

Is there still an issue with this and does anybody have any ideas as to whether I will ever see my sub-folders?

Thanks

Matthew

0 Kudos
jayess
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

My folders have disappeared too (most but not all) in my webmail.  Also I used to filter (star) emails I wanted to read from people and put them at the top of the emails.  That facility seems to have been removed too.  I don't want to scroll through hundreds of emails to check if I have missed an important one!

0 Kudos
jayess
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Found them but they weren't listed as folders!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

jayess wrote:

Found them but they weren't listed as folders!

For the benefit of others - What were they listed as?

MRSH
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Strangely, 2 sub-folders have suddenly appeared under the Inbox on Webmail that also have only one sub-folder each.

In Outlook (I use IMAP) I have 21 sub-folders under the Inbox hierarchy and 16 of them have sub-folders themselves but none of these are visible in Webmail.

Under IMAP I thought the mail client (Outlook) was supposed to mirror Webmail - or visa versa!!!!!!

Thanks

Matthew

0 Kudos