Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 16 (172 Views)

Re: Sub Folders

This also affecting me.....

I've created two 2nd-tier folders in eM Client on my laptop. K-9 on both my phone and tablet see them when I refresh the folder list. The Virgin Webmail app does not. However, if I attempt to create the sub-folders again (with the same name) in the Webmail app they get created as "<foldername>2" so they are clearly visible to something.

Is there any way to fresh the folder list in the UI?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16 (150 Views)

Hi Andy_E, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry you've been having trouble getting the sub-folders to work properly. 

It sounds like a sync issue, first thing I would suggest is to un-install then re-install the client mails. 

Once this has been done let us know. 

Do make sure you back up anything important just to be on the safe side. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 13 of 16 (120 Views)

"It sounds like a sync issue, first thing I would suggest is to un-install then re-install the client mails."

A sync issue it certainly is but I've no idea what I should be un-installing and re-installing that would make a difference and two months on it still isn't fixed. I rarely access the WebMail app as because of this it's totally useless to me. Basically, I can view mails in my Inbox but for management of email I ignore it. Any other IMAP client app I use has no problem being able to refresh folder lists.

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 16 (112 Views)

Andy_E wrote:
"It sounds like a sync issue, first thing I would suggest is to un-install then re-install the client mails."

A sync issue it certainly is but I've no idea what I should be un-installing and re-installing that would make a difference and two months on it still isn't fixed. I rarely access the WebMail app as because of this it's totally useless to me. Basically, I can view mails in my Inbox but for management of email I ignore it. Any other IMAP client app I use has no problem being able to refresh folder lists.

In its previous life VM Webmail hardly ever interfered with my mail in Outlook (2010).

I had numerous folders, sub-folders and sub-sub-folders with many, many rules set up as to how Outlook should handle incoming mail.

Now, it seems, Webmail dictates to Outlook how it (Outlook) behaves. It is so, so, so, so slow. It takes forever for just one mail to delete or move where before it was instantaneous.

As for folders, if I subscribe to all my folders and sub-folders etc in Webmail - Outlook practically comes to a standstill.

I only ever use VM Webmail to check the mail that has gone in to spam as I don't trust the filters but it has made my use of Outlook hundreds of times more challenging to the point where I am seriously thinking of chucking it in - which would be a pity.

M

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 15 of 16 (45 Views)

Has this problem been resolved yet?

Just unboxed new desktop PC with windows 10 installed. Cannot locate sub folders either in NTLworld inbox or sent items, these were created on my last 3 or 4 PC's. These are very important to me and my Limited Company as they store all related emails over 20 years.  On my old PC's  I used to access my NTLworld account using windows mail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 16 of 16 (24 Views)

Hello Ray9

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems locating the sub folders, what email client are you using by the way? To begin I appreciate that it is basic but please make sure it is set up to use IMAP and not POP3 Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

It may then be worth checking that the folders are present in Webmail

Thank you

PS if your emails are important please please back them up yourself, although ISPs do their best to safeguard them nothing is ever guaranteed.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos