Menu
UncleG67
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stopped inbox

My virgin.net inbox stopped working yesterday. I have no idea how to recover it.

Any ideas anyone.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stopped inbox

apcyberax wrote:
@virgin.net emails were discontinuted years ago. they should of all been closed by now. Its likely yours has just been removed

Just to add a clarification - if the virgin.net email address is correctly linked to a current VM broadband account then it should not be removed, but should continue to operate.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi UncleG67, 

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to see you have lost access to your emails. 

Do you currently have a live service with Virgin Media? 

If not the the email would have been removed in line with our policy to discontinue any email services not connected to a live account. 

If you do currently have a live Virgin Media service pop the details of the email in question across to me via PM (Purple envelope, top right hand corner) and I will be happy to investigate further for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@virgin.net emails were discontinuted years ago. they should of all been closed by now. Its likely yours has just been removed
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

apcyberax wrote:

Just to add a clarification - if the virgin.net email address is correctly linked to a current VM broadband account then it should not be removed, but should continue to operate.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi UncleG67, 

Welcome to the forums. I am sorry to see you have lost access to your emails. 

Do you currently have a live service with Virgin Media? 

If not the the email would have been removed in line with our policy to discontinue any email services not connected to a live account. 

If you do currently have a live Virgin Media service pop the details of the email in question across to me via PM (Purple envelope, top right hand corner) and I will be happy to investigate further for you. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
UncleG67
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After much messing about I discovered that by forwarding messages to my gmail account I had inadvertently unchecked the "keep a copy of the message on the website" Box. Thus all messages were going through to gmail but not appearing on my virgin.net account.

So problem solved - thanks.

Graham_A wrote:

apcyberax wrote:

0 Kudos
UncleG67
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

See my recent post.

0 Kudos