Menu
condav
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Stop email folders syncing

Hi folks, I want to stop the folders on my PC, iPhone & iPad from syncing with the folders on the Virgin server so that if I delete from the Inbox on my iPhone when travelling, it will remain on the server and PC at the office. I have unchecked the "Delete from server" box on iPhone & IPad but it still disappears from each device & server because of the folders syncing that I cant switch off. It used to work with my (previous) BT account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stop email folders syncing

Hi condav, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

Are you using POP or IMAP, another option so that it only deletes from one device would be to set it up as POP if you are unsure of which settings to use take a look here

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
condav
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sorry fpr delay Emma but not been able to correct this. When I add the Virgin Media account using my iPhone/Pad it chooses IMAP automatically. I have tried then to change the "Incoming mail server" to POP3 as per one of the links you suggested but it just says the details entered are incorrect. There does not seem to be an option to select a POP account at the set up stage so it is always IMAP incoming and SMTP outgoing? Any help much appreciated. Dave
0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ok should be simple

Settings
Mail
Push settings
Choose mail account
Change to fetch
0 Kudos
condav
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John but following your suggestion there is no "Push settings" either on any device (iPhone nor iPad) or under "Settings, Mail" on the VirginMedia server?

Any other ideas?

Regards

Dave

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi condav, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry that I did not get back to you sooner. 

I have taken a look at the PM you popped across and I have found these setting which are particular to Apple Mail. Are you trying to use this particular client? 

I also found this little snippet on an Apple forum :

'Keep scrolling down to the bottom of your Inbox listing to make the app load more mail. ... It may help to check iOS Settings->Mail, Contacts, Calendars->Accounts - to look into the email account settings and set "Mail Days to Sync" to unlimited, for iCloud, Exchange hosted, or other addresses that show that option'

Are you getting any sort of error message at all? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos