Menu
Tonywilkinson
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Spark email app

I have just installed the latest version of the above app on my iPad Pro. I can set up my gmail account but cannot set up my ntlworld accounts on imap. Has anyone else had the same problems and found an answer?

i have tried emailing readdle the producers of the app but have not got any response whatsoever. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spark email app

0 Kudos
Tonywilkinson
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have. It comes up with several responses. Cannot make stable connection or cannot authenticate using current credentials. Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"A stable connection to the server could not be established" usually means that either the port number is wrong and/or SSL is not correctly specified. Similarly, "cannot authenticate" means the authentication details are wrong. Please double check your VM mail settings here - 

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I haven't used Spark Myself, but I did download it and have a look at the setup.

For some reason, it was unable to automatically set up my blueyonder account either.  However by tapping Show Advanced Settings I was able to manually enter the server settings.  Both incoming and outgoing username and password were populated from the information on the first screen.

sparkset.JPG

If you simply use 

imap.ntlworld.com
smtp.ntlworld.com 
in the appropriate places.  The ports and SSL settings are the same.for all four Virgin Media domains

For username and password make sure you are using your ntlworld.com email address and password.

HTH

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Tonywilkinson
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your response and effort to solve my problem.

This afternoon, I deleted all mail apps from my iPad, and then tried again to load the first of my ntlworld email accounts, on the second attempt it accepted the details which you have confirmed in your post.

I then installed my gmail account and it found that easily.

I tried to install my other ntlworld account and encountered "Unable to authenticate with the current session's credentials"

I am at a loss as to what to do next. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tonywilkinson,

I'm not familiar with that app or the error message either. However it does sound as though the previous session (the Gmail account) is remaining active. Could you terminate that session and then relaunch the app?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos