Menu
Kieran1974
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spam

Hi,

I have 2 email addresses on my account and over the last couple of weeks, they are both being inundated with SPAM.

I have marked several as spam in settings and even created rules for addresses that appear to be more frequent than others but still there is no stopping them!!

Is this a virgin glitch?

Regards

Kieran Gallagher

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam

We think it might be. We have asked through our private Superuser's Forum what is happening. You are not the only one that has noticed this.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Beanie65
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I'm having thevsam issue. 🙁
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kieran1974,

To be honest this influx of spam is not entirely unexpected. Your default webmail spam settings were set to 'reject all spam', which resulted in VM customers reporting non-delivery of expected mail and non-VM companies being reporting being unable to send mail to VM domains.

So we've altered the default spam setting to 'deliver spam to spam folder'. The previous setting allowed you no initial control over what happened to your spam whilst our most recent update empowers you to make you own choice.

Please click on the links below for more information about this:

Hope this helps clarify things Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos