Menu
narl
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Spam

Has anyone noticed a hell of an increase of spam over the last few days? No joke I've easily added 100 to 'spam' but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.
0 Kudos
brentrobbo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam

Agreed. I thought all this had been (eventually) solved months ago but the spam monster has raised its head again. Why?

0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yep started getting them in the last few days. It was fine before. Mostly supposedly from shops 
I am also noticing loads from cloud@app.topica.com

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I can also confirm a very noticeable increase in the same sort of spam as others have said. I have had loads of so-called £50 gift cards from different well-know company names, loads of the sort of credit cards you would never want to have to apply for and other junk messages that could only ever be called spam.

It is almost as if we have gone back a year in the amounts of this junk turning up in the inbox. Still, I'm sure a Virgin Media spokesperson will be along shortly to tell us that the spam filters are still learning their job. Well, they seem to be going backwards!

0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I am sure they are working on it as we type

LoopyElf
Tuning in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

It's way past time the SPAM filter was fixed. When it was first implemented the excuse was that it required time "to learn". Well, I can only suggest that it has Alzheimer's!

You know something is broken when your Virgin bill is sent to your SPAM folder.

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

6of8 wrote:

I am sure they are working on it as we type

LMAO! Thanks for that, I've not had such a good laugh in years. A real side-splitter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

FWIW, this week I'm seeing a ~12-fold increase of spam getting into the inbox, and a ~4-fold increase of bona fide mails being put into the spam folder.

So I'd say no, they are NOT working on it as we type.

If they are working on it, they are under-achieving and over-paid.

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
6of8
Tuning in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

LOL, guys I was being sarcastic Smiley Wink

It is really getting on my nerves now. The amount of spam we all seem to be getting is unacceptable and VM is regressing. PLEASE SORT IT OUT!!!

Its not 2008 

0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

6of8 wrote:

LOL, guys I was being sarcastic Smiley Wink

Fairly sure that we all figured that out. Only VM 's denial-strategists and PR trumpet-blowers could have taken it literally.

Thanks again for cheering up my week.

0 Kudos