Menu
sket
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Spam filter rejecting a known contact - help

I'm having trouble with the spam filter rejecting a sender everytime even though the sender is in my address book and I have sent messages to him before. I don't want to have to turn spam filter off altogether but that seems to be the only solution. This particular sender is a regular contributor to an email forum that I am on and all his messages are being rejected. I have to log into webmail in order to see them in the spam folder rather than using my email client as I would normally do. He does have a rather unusual email address which perhaps triggers the spam filter?    Any suggestions?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam filter rejecting a known contact - help

Hello sket

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with one particular sender going to spam, we will do our best to help. As you mentioned putting the address in the contacts normally does the trick however to work it relies on the sending server putting the email address in the envelope part of the header, most likely in this case the sender is using a different email address for envelope and header, this sadly is what spammers normally do.

One of the things that may help is to consider using IMAP for your email client incoming protocol instead of POP3. That way the spam folder is reproduced in the client and if you move the email to the inbox it will help to train our filters for the future. No need to login to webmail anymore then. The settings may be found here if you require them Email Settings for all Virgin Media domains

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
sket
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam filter rejecting a known contact - help

Thank you for the reply. I don't think IMAP will work for me. I don't like to keep emails on my phone because I don't have the space to keep emails on there for ever more so I delete them. I do keep all my emails on my desktop. With IMAP, if I delete an email from my phone, it is deleted from all other devices too as I understand it. Correct me if I am wrong.

0 Kudos