Menu
TCITSCAnne
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Spam content found when sending emails from external domain

Good morning,

I'm contacting you on behalf of Thomas Cook IT, as we have been having issues with sending emails to @virgin, @ntlworld, @blueyonder, and @virginmedia for a few weeks now, we keep getting DSN's with error 5.3.0-554 when sending emails from our @Thomascook.com domain.

The following organization rejected your message: [212.54.58.11].

I can provide the bounce back diagnostic information or any other details if necessary.

Could this please be checked by your backend team & get our domain whitelisted again?

Thank you Smiley Happy

Regards,

Anne Sorensen
Thomas Cook IT Service Centre, 2nd line Agent

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam content found when sending emails from external domain

Hi,

Thanks for your post, and we’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulty with our email service.

Please could you read this article: Email Spam Content Found

When you’ve followed the instructions there, post back on this thread, or start a new one, and confirm that you have checked the required settings and are still experiencing the problem.

One of our Forum Team will then get back to you in due course.

Many thanks.

TCITSCAnne
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

We have been able to send emails to your domains before, it just stopped working as part of a known issue on your part, as mentioned on the other post. We have checked all of these configurations on exchange and they seem to be fine (we have never changed them in the first place).
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ForumTeam

Can this please be dealt with with alacrity.

In case you hadn't noticed - you're bouncing mails from a well established Holiday Firm now!!!!!!

@TCITSCAnne - I don't work for Virgin Media but I have been aware of this issue for many months.  Instead of getting better the issue seems to be getting worse.

Here's my post on the subject back in January.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

Virgin's response will no doubt refer you to their post on the subject here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spam-Content-Found-error-550-554/td-p/3229831

Although IMHO for Virgin to be telling a long established company such as yours how to run an e-mail service is quite frankly laughable.

Ravenstar68

Edit - Oops crossed post with the mods here.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

TCITSCAnne
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Ravenstar Smiley Happy Appreciate your quick feedback.

We spent about 3 weeks investigating this internally on our exchange servers and Ironport/firewall, however we haven't been able to find any faults on our systems and we are able to send to every other provider. We've had a look at all of your posts and none of them have resolved the issue for us. Note that this impacts our customer contact from both our contact centres and retail stores (they can't get their tickets or receipts via email!!), however apparently this is the only way we can get in touch with support (according to prior forum posts)
... so here we are.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@ForumTeam

This is the consistent message we are seeing from all people who are reporting this issue.

"We are only having trouble sending to Virgin Media domains."

Please pass this on to the email team once again.  

From me - Your current policy of treating each case individually is wrong.  Your antispam settings are fundamentally flawed when you are blocking so many legitimate senders.

Remember we have seen dotmailer.com blocked as well as another well established ESP who works with well established brands.

I will repeat what I have said before

YOU ARE AFFECTING PEOPLES LIVELIHOOD
YOU ARE AFFECTING PEOPLES EDUCATION
YOU HAVE IN THE PAST BEEN AFFECTING PEOPLES HEALTHCARE

AND NOW YOU ARE AFFECTING PEOPLE'S HOLIDAY BOOKINGS AS WELL AS OTHER LEISURE ACTIVITIES

I make no apologies for shouting.  The ongoing situation makes my blood boil.

I stress the above is not directed at the Forum Team themselves, who have no option but to follow the flawed business decision passed down to them from higher ups.  I have worked with the Forum Team on other issues in the past and have nothing but admiration for them.  My beef is with the people who are running the e-mail service.  They do not appear to be taking the Spam Content Found situation with the seriousness it deserves.

Ravenstar68

TCITSCAnne
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is there any email address where we can send our logs and information we've gathered so far to so your email team can investigate the issue once this has been raised with them?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I don't work for Virgin Myself - the usual address for email issues SHOULD be the standard postmaster address for any domain.  However the forum team will take the info via PM when they come on board.

0 Kudos
TCITSCAnne
Tuning in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'd send them an email but I'd probably get a bounceback Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@TCITSCAnne In the past people who have been asked to email the info to that certain address got a bounceback, in fact many did, which got the process of this being looked into complained about even more. It happens because the address they asked you to send to is subject to the same issues as normal customer emails are. So now the staff here take the info via private message (when they get around to asking you for it) to avoid that problem. But besides that, sending in info out of the blue when they aren't expecting it from you would probably get it discarded, as they work on queues and deal with who they've been told to deal with.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos