Menu
headworth4
Joining in
Message 1 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Spam Spam Spam

Why have I started getting lots of spam emails to my ntlworld.com account when they've always gone to my spam folder in the past? They mostly seem to be from 'Morrisons', 'Sainsburys' & 'Tesco'??
Tags (1)

Helpful Answers
Garbon
Tuning in
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam Spam Spam

I've had so many today from the same one's you are getting. It's getting to the point i don't know which are real and what is spam.

I re-direct my mail to gmail and they block them, i never see them. If google can stop the spam i can't see why virgin can't.

Come on Virgin. Please sort this problem out soon.

Tags (1)

All Replies
Garbon
Tuning in
Message 2 of 35
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I've had so many today from the same one's you are getting. It's getting to the point i don't know which are real and what is spam.

I re-direct my mail to gmail and they block them, i never see them. If google can stop the spam i can't see why virgin can't.

Come on Virgin. Please sort this problem out soon.

Tags (1)
kev001
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Because Google know what they are doing, thats why when email for virgin media was run by Google we had very little Spam, now that Virgin Media try to do something on there own, they have not got a clue, hence all the crap

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 35
Flag for a moderator

kev001 wrote:

Because Google know what they are doing, thats why when email for virgin media was run by Google we had very little Spam, now that Virgin Media try to do something on there own, they have not got a clue, hence all the crap

Very little spam under the (now withdrawn by google) google apps for Isp email setup, but there were a lot of other broken email facilities.  How quickly people forget, no send as, no forwarding, no attachment preview etc. - check out this forum from last year.

PS: the current spam situation is intolerable, looking at other posts on here pbs.org have got a lot to answer for as they seem to be implicated in a lot of the current 'spam fest'.

nashathedog
Tuning in
Message 5 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here, Although it's only been over the last couple of months that it's been really bad. The amount of Spam I now get is a joke, I seem to spend as much time sending mail to the spam box as I do reading genuine ones. Virgin need to do something about it before I lose faith in them and add it to the list of reasons to move providers on my next contract refresh.

malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Nasha,

To be honest, I think it is only when paying customer start voting with their feet that these clowns will sit up and think they need to do something.

They have to know about the problem and how much customer dissatisfaction it is causing, so they either don't know how to fix it, or don't care. If it the first option, they need to hire some help who knows how to run an email service. If it's the 'don't care' option, then they deserve to lose all their customers and go broke!

Midlands_John
Tuning in
Message 7 of 35
Flag for a moderator

I am having same problems as most of you!

I use Windows Mail and this cuts out most spam (mainly supermarket phishing based), but still getting loads both in Inbox & Spam folders.

Went in to Virgin e-mail folders and only 1 in Spam box, but worse, there were all the previous e-mails (including all the spam) still in Inbox, that would previously have been deleted when I pulled them to Windows Mail.

Have gone in to Settings, but can't see how to alter this.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
patsy1010
Tuning in
Message 8 of 35
Flag for a moderator

Been emailing Verging on the ridiculous for last 2 months on this. Getting the usual fatuous and unhelpful responses - 'we value blah blah and if we don't hear from you this matter in 60 seconds the case will be closed'  ergo you will get the run around till you give up. The filter is complete rubbish since the reformat of the email and so is the set up for it. Since getting my email account from NTL 20 odd years ago it has never been worse. I think they may have got some of their Virgin train technicians to do it.

patsy1010
Tuning in
Message 9 of 35
Flag for a moderator

headworth4 wrote:
Why have I started getting lots of spam emails to my ntlworld.com account when they've always gone to my spam folder in the past? They mostly seem to be from 'Morrisons', 'Sainsburys' & 'Tesco'??

Ever since the rejig early this year been exactly same crap in my ntlworld acct. even got re-spawning spam mails that I could not block or mark as spam and had to directly delete. Marking them as spam does not seem to work. I got a smug message from a 'superuser' - Virg toady that offered little.

patsy1010
Tuning in
Message 10 of 35
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos