Menu
grantmason
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

'Spam Content found' email bounce backs

Hi

Whenever we send an email (not bulk or spam just a simple message to a single address) to a virgin media / ntlworld account is is returned with the a message like the following error:

xxxx rejected your message to the following email addresses:

xxxxxx@ntlworld.com (xxxxxx@ntlworld.com)There's a problem with the recipient's mailbox. Please try resending the message. If the problem continues, please contact your email admin.

xxxxx gave this error:
WCt41t00E289cog01Ct5Tx Spam content found

Our email is with Office 365.  Our domain is with GoDaddy.  This problem only affects virgin media type addresses - other mail is successfully delivered.  The recipient continues to receive other email (i.e. the email address is valid and active).  The emails are not going to their spam folder but rather not being delivered at all.  The content of the email can be anything at all - even just a simple 'Test' or blank message, everything seems to fail.

Having searched on this forum I see other people have had the same issue and have been advised to follow the instructions here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Spam-Content-Found-error-message/td-p/3027097

I can confirm that I have ensured we comply with these steps and our domain is also not blacklisted for spam (again these are single emails not bulk).

Can someone help get us whitelisted? Our domain is pacetheatre.co.uk.

Kind regards

Grant Mason

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
grantmason
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: 'Spam Content found' email bounce backs

Hi 

I've yet to have a reply to this and am still experiencing problems trying to send anything to virgin email users.  Can someone get back to me?

Regards

Grant Mason

0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Grant,

I'm sorry to see that it has been a week and you've had no response to your report that PACE Theatre Company is unable to deliver emails to addresses at Virgin Media domains (@blueyonder.co.uk, @ntlworld.com, @virginmedia.com, and @virgin.net).  Can you confirm that the theatre is able to deliver similar messages without any issues to large email providers such as Gmail, AOL, Yahoo! or Hotmail?

When you do receive a response from Virgin Media, would you please report here how the problem was resolved to help other businesses which will be reporting the same problem in the coming weeks, given the ongoing nature of this issue since August 2015?

-Wrock.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Grant, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails not being delivered. Apologies also for the delay in getting back to you. 

Could you confirm if the following is enabled and if it isn't why this is the case please.

• Uses a consistent IP address to send bulk mail.
  • Has a valid reverse DNS record for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.
  • Uses the same address in the 'From:' header on every bulk mail you send
  • Has a valid SPF record
  • Signs with DKIM or Domain Keys

I will also need a recent header from one of the bounce emails. Pop it all across to me via PM and we'll take it from there (purple envelope, top right hand corner).

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos