Menu
mycompany
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Spam Content Found

Hi This morning our company started to get "Spam content found" undeliverable when trying to email Virgin and NTLworld customers.  So I have checked the usual blacklists and we are not on there.  Can you let me know if we have been blacklisted in any way or what the problem is with our emails as we have tried to send without a footer but still get the same undeliverable.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam Content Found

Two common suggested things to check are: A) if you push your mail out through external mail server (outwith your company's), check that the server it goes through supports the "sender rewriting scheme". If you aren't passing your mail through an external server, check that reverse DNS (rDNS) refers back to the domain it purportedly is sent from (rather than it referring to a completely different server.) There may be other things to check and if sorting out the mail server settings doesn't resolve the issue, a Forum Team member here can provide you with a contact address to query the bounces with.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
mycompany
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi we use multiple reverse DNS records but all are correct and we don't use an external server but thanks for the suggestions.

0 Kudos
mycompany
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Can a postmaster provide some assistance with this?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

mycompany wrote:

Can a postmaster provide some assistance with this?

Yes, but I'm not allowed to share the the contact email address. A staff member can share it with you, you'll get a reply from one of them staff members in a couple of days. Also, response times from said postmaster are somewhat delayed due to the amount of cases being sent their way.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
JonNVernon
Joining in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We also have this issue currently - all emails to customers on NTL, BlueYonder and Virginmedia email domains are being bounced and despite numerous interactions with Virginmedia we are not getting any closer to resolution.

This is impacting our business reputation.

We have no issue sending email to any other domains, are not blacklisted, and despite being marked as such, our emails are genuine and clearly not spam.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi mycompany,

Welcome and thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with spam content found.

I can see Shelke has been giving you some advice which is great. I'd like to get this escalated for you so I will send you a private message shortly (blue envelope, top right hand) to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
beegood
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

We're having the same problem too as are quite a lot of other eCommerce vendors - the blueyonder mail server is preventing us from communicating with clients to confirm transactions - another two just this evening!  Please sort this out!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi begood,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about the problems you've been facing with spam content.

It appears you've posted this query here which I've just responded to for you.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
NickN
Joining in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Your servers are block most of the contect from our servers which is affecting both our customers and your.

554 5.2.0 5VXy1s00A2f1hin01VXzF8 Spam content found

Even on messages with just hello in them!

RBLS all checked and we are not on them, please can you resolve this issue as your customers are not recieving completely valid emails due to this.  Many of our customers have ecommerce websites and it is orders and validations and quotes that are not getting through.  Please feel free to email me as I do not use these forums and I am not a Virgin Media or associate customer

Tags (1)
0 Kudos