Menu
Lobitos
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Some eMails not being delivered

I have several group postings but I now find that one addressee in a particular group is being rejected on the basis of Spam Detected. Never had the problem before and no apparant changesmade to my PC. Also, when I send an email with a BCC copy to myself I get the same rejection and error message. Virgin say there is no problem with their equipment and service. Any thoughts and ideas?
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Some eMails not being delivered

Lobitos wrote:
Virgin say there is no problem with their equipment and service. Any thoughts and ideas?

Indeed, the biggest problem is that Virgin Media hasn't yet recognized this problem with their email service.  While the person you talked to might not have known up from down, you can quickly find several hundred other people reporting similar problems since August 2015 in this list:

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

The end result is that you may be unable to send messages to others and may yourself not be receiving all of the email which is being sent to you.  Perhaps you have a high tolerance for this sort of silliness.  If not, open and start using a free email account elsewhere such as Gmail where you will not have this kind of problem.

-Wrock.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Lobitos

I am sorry you are having problems emailing one particular person. The best place to start I think would be to check that you and the addressee with the issue have your/their spam filter enabled as per this article Non Delivery of emails to Virgin Customers Hopefully that will allow the email to be delivered and then give you/them the chance to mark it as "not spam" and hence educate our filters.

Please let us know how that goes as if needs be we can investigate further

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Lobitos wrote:
Virgin say there is no problem with their equipment and service. Any thoughts and ideas?

Indeed, the biggest problem is that Virgin Media hasn't yet recognized this problem with their email service.  While the person you talked to might not have known up from down, you can quickly find several hundred other people reporting similar problems since August 2015 in this list:

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

The end result is that you may be unable to send messages to others and may yourself not be receiving all of the email which is being sent to you.  Perhaps you have a high tolerance for this sort of silliness.  If not, open and start using a free email account elsewhere such as Gmail where you will not have this kind of problem.

-Wrock.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Lobitos

I am sorry you are having problems emailing one particular person. The best place to start I think would be to check that you and the addressee with the issue have your/their spam filter enabled as per this article Non Delivery of emails to Virgin Customers Hopefully that will allow the email to be delivered and then give you/them the chance to mark it as "not spam" and hence educate our filters.

Please let us know how that goes as if needs be we can investigate further

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos