Menu
Ros2
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow e mail connection if at all

It is now getting impossible to connect to our e-mails.  We have already purchased the send/receiver signal booster but no change.  We are now looking at other service providers.  

0 Kudos
Ros2
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SLOW ACCESS TO E MAILS

Access to e-mails is an extremely slow process.  I've run virus checks, deleted temporary files, defragmented, re-set the hub etc., you name it, I've tried it.  Am getting to the point when I feel the only option is to go to another provider.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SLOW ACCESS TO E MAILS

I have merged your two posts. It is contrary to Forum rules to post separately on the same issues. It just confuses everybody who tries to help and wastes their time following different threads to work out what is happening.

To cut a long story short VM web mail is temperamental. We know VM are looking at it, heaven knows we've raised it enough times with them. But progress is slow - like the e-mail system.

It seems to affect some people differently. Mine's actually fine except for the constant service interruptions.

You would certainly be better using a non ISP related mail supplier. Two big ones out there. I have already done this. I'll never have to worry about changing my e-mail address if I am ever required to move ISPs.

But VM mail can be accessed with considerably less difficulty if you use an e-mail client. I do that for my remaining VM contacts and it works well. Look at this guidance

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos