Menu
Forum Team
Message 11 of 19 (423 Views)

Re: Slow Email page loading

[ Edited ]

Hi AlanD6805,

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It would be helpful if you explained what "setting up an email client" actually means and how to do so."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My apologies. You are absolutely right of course. I do usually try to include links to our help page articles in my replies, but seem to have overlooked this on here. 
I shall remedy this now Smiley Happy

Setting up an email client with a VM email address.

Please note that on the above the link to Email settings for addresses ending in blueyonder.co.uk is returning an error. If you need that information please click here instead.

Once again, apologies for the oversight Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

Joining in
Message 12 of 19 (366 Views)

Jen_A wrote:

Hi AlanD6805,

"It would be helpful if you explained what "setting up an email client" actually means and how to do so."

My apologies. You are absolutely right of course. I do usually try to include links to our help page articles in my replies, but seem to have overlooked this on here. 
I shall remedy this now Smiley Happy

Setting up an email client with a VM email address.

Please note that on the above the link to Email settings for addresses ending in blueyonder.co.uk is returning an error. If you need that information please click here instead.

Once again, apologies for the oversight Smiley Happy

i got blueyonder and did what you suggested, but all i got was an.....oops error page,  absolutely shocking service

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 13 of 19 (353 Views)

Yep, that's what I'm getting! Error message.

To start, I click on the email tab. Then enter my email addy and password. Then click on the email tab. Starts to open, then the gray dots go round and round and round. While they are doing this, I reopen Virginmedia in another window. Click on the email tab. This usually does the trick. Email opens. However.... A tab pops up at the bottom saying server can't be reached? It pops up briefly before disappearing.

How many times will I have to do this before the email opens first time?? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 14 of 19 (350 Views)

The webmail is still a pain, it is taking me on average 5 refreshes to get it to load and when it does, it often only partially displaying or bugging out.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 19 (181 Views)

there seems to be threads on this going back two years,when will this issue be solved? we're paying a for a service we cannot use

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 16 of 19 (183 Views)

in fact cannot get in at all now,been trying for an hour
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 19 (78 Views)

Just as bad as ever. Can someone from VM explain what the problem is (not a workaround please!) and when it will be fixed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 18 of 19 (74 Views)

I've no idea when it will permanently be fixed, but the current efforts have only been like temporary band aids Cat Sad It's still encountering the same failings in the same part of the process.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Joining in
Message 19 of 19 (59 Views)

As above this is still happening for me it started in start of December with occasional dropouts or hanging this has increased until now when I cannot use it have had to use Mail-outlook linking my virgin mail.

Dave 

0 Kudos