Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
ajstan

Setting up POP lineone & tiscali accounts in outlook 2010

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I've followed the following instructions to try and get an old lineone and tiscali pop email account to work in Outlook 2010 but haven't had any luck.

I've added them into the webmail and ensured POP is enabled.

Ensured the 'incoming mail server' to : pop3.tiscali.co.uk & pop3.lineone.net

Ensured the SMTP server requires authentication box is ticked and have entered credentials.

Changed the incoming server (POP3) port to 995 and outgoing server (SMTP) to 465 and ensured the box is ticked that says 'this server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)' and changed the type of encrypted connection to SSL but now when when I test connection it says:

'Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP3) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Please could I have some help?

Thanks

Alex

Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
James_C

Re: Setting up POP lineone & tiscali accounts in outlook 2010

Hi Alex,

That message is pointing towards Tiscali and Lineone, the error is telling us that there is a problem with the incoming settings which is the email address companies settings.  You will only need our outgoing settings which is SMTP - port 465 - smtp.virginmedia.com and your Virgin Media primary email address and password to connect to the outgoing server.  This would go in the outgoing server settings, in the picture below you would need to select the options I have circled and then enter these details.

forum email.JPG

Kind Regards,

James_C
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

hi,

just a quick google of how to setup tiscali email using outlook

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/broadband-wireless/set-talktalk-email-outlook-20032002

but if you are using a virgin media connection you can use the smtp settings that james has supplied above, with your virgin media email address and password.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
ajstan

Thanks! Problem now sorted. I was getting confused with the settings. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Swt4ajp

thanks for letting us know its working :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jcp1

I have the same problem.

I have a lineone email address and have had it about 20 years.

I am a Virgin Media customer for phone, Broadband and TV.

I am not receiving my emails from Lineone and yesterday never received the for about 9 hours and then received som for a while but nothing overnight and nothing this morning.

I have looked at webmail but nothing there either.

I have tested on OUTLOOOK 2010 and it states test emails have been sent but see nothing on webmail nor in outlook.

Please use plain text.