Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs
LaineY

Setting Up Blueyonder / Virgin Media / NTLworld Email Address On iPad / iPod Touch and iPhone

[ Edited ]

Setting Up Blueyonder/Virgin Media / NTLworld  Address On IPAD / iTouch and iPhone,

Having spoken to a few people who are struggling with setting up email addresses on these platforms i thought i would post the details here on how to set it up and to clarify it a little bit more,

The massive problem with Apple devices is, the device trys to automatically detect the mail servers and 9 times out of 10 they are incorrect.

ALL platforms should now be using the virginmedia.com email servers.

Standard Email Set up

Go to >

Settings >

Mail Contacts & Calenders >

Other

It should now start to search for the servers. if it fails try pressing next.

If it shows IMAP follow the IMAP settings below.

If it shows POP follow the POP settings below.

You will be asked for the following information ::

Name        : You're Name

Address     : Email Address

Password  : You're password

POP3

Incoming Mail

Host Name : pop3.virginmedia.com

User Name : Full BY/VM/NTL email address

Password : You're email password.

Advanced Options ::

SSL should be set to ON

Port : 995

SMTP

Outgoing Mail

Host Name  : smtp.virginmedia.com

( Select SMTP Option then select Primary Server )

User Name : FULL BY/VM/NTL email address

Password : You're Password

Make sure the HOST is smtp.virginmedia.com

Port : 465

SSL should be set to ON

If you prefer to Use IMAP (which is the best option on a Apple Device in my opinion)

IMAP (NOT REQUIRED IF YOU ARE USING POP)

(Before doing the following Ensure IMAP is enabled in Webmail, To do this sign into your email using the VM website and go to Settings then select Forwarding and POP/IMAP and make sure IMAP is set to ON)

Incoming Mail

Host Name : imap.virginmedia.com

User Name : Full BY/VM/NTL email address

Password : You're email password.

Advanced Options ::

SSL should be set to ON

Port : 993

I have tried and tested all of the above with no issues on Virginmedia.com, NTLWorld.com and Blueyonder.co.uk addresses and have had no issues what so ever on iPhone 3 / 3GS / 4S / iPad / iPod Touch

It is extremely difficult to find this info on the website. There are a few things missing like the advanced settings Ports etc..

Hope this helps some people.

** Please DO NOT Post Your Modem Serial Number, MAC Address Or Your IP Address!**
All opinions expressed here or in any correspondence are my own, and not those of Virgin Media.
Please use plain text.
Captain Clued-Up
Graeme_H

Re: Setting Up Blueyonder / Virgin Media / NTLworld Email Address On iPad / iPod Touch and iPhone

Hi Lainey,

Good post, kudos added :smileyhappy:

Regards,

Graeme Halvorsen
Help and Support Forum Team 

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
phantomscotsman

Re: Setting Up Blueyonder / Virgin Media / NTLworld Email Address On iPad / iPod Touch and iPhone

Brilliant post!!

Got a new Ipad for my wife and her iphone 4s and ipad 2 stopped sending emails... really frustrating but thanks for your advice.

Cheers

Gareth

kudos given!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
froseke

I'm an ntlworld.com email address. I have tried everything, I think. I can not get it to work. I have another email address set up on the phone, worked immediately.

I have the following fields available on my iphone 4s:

Account:             set to:smileysurprised:N

Name:                 my name in this field

Email:                 my full email address

Description:         I have called this "Home"

Incoming Mail Server

Host name:         pop3.ntlworld.com                              (I have tried pop3.virginmedia.com as well)

User name:         my full email address

Password:          my password

Outgoing Mail Server

SMTP:               smtp.virginmedia.com

For the advanced button ---------

Incoming Settings

Use SSL                  ON

Authentification:        Password

Delete from server     Never

Server Port               465

S/MIME                                   (what is this?)

S/MIME:                    ON                                      (I have treid off as well)

Sign:                          No

Encript:                      No

I can not get to any screen that allows me to change the outgoing port.

Can anyone let me know what is not correct with this set up. Just changed from a Galaxy S (which worked) to an IPhone, did not think that this would be an issue for my emails!     

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
froseke

That incoming server port should read 995.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
froseke

Just got the email account to work

I used the incoming server: pop.ntlworld.com on 995

Why is it apparently different for everyone?

I guess there are now three choices for the incoming server;

1. pop3.virginmedia.com

2. pop.ntlworld.com

3. pop3.ntlworld.com

all on port 995

Only by trying each one will you know what works. I'm on Vodafone if that makes a difference.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

LaineY is 100% correct the settings are for all virgin,by,NLT email accounts read and add correctly.

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
KrisD

Hi,

This can now be resolved much easier by using the m.google.com server setup with Exchange, as NTL World uses Google in the backend.

See the following link for a full guide on how to do it.

http://www.solve.uk.com/blog/how-to-setup-ntl-world-email-on-an-ipad.htm

Make sure you remove any previous account attempts first, before following this guide, but you should be up and running using full exchange in minutes!!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
vj531

Hi

I follow the above instructions says it connects then asks for exchange password

I don't get it.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

Make sure you have put your full email address including the @ntlworld.com bit as your user name, and that you have typed your webmail password correctly.

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.