Menu
dbd43
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Server "error 453 too many recipients"

Suddenly when working through Outlook and Windows 10, the above message appears even when only one sender is triggered - so I cannot send any e mails through Outlook.

I note the sending limits and have exceeded none of those -  cannot get through on the phone as I do not hole a Virgin phone or direct account number and the web chat is fully engaged.

Frustration and how does this get resolved when Virgin are the suppliers of any action required.

Ugh

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Server "error 453 too many recipients"

There is something odd going on here - the post implies that you don't have a current VM paid for broadband account. I'd wager you are using a virgin.net address and are sending via VM's outbound SMTP server but not from a VM IP. Am I right? But whatever please let us have your outbound server settings.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
dbd43
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - yes you are right had this account for over 20 + years and is an old virgin.net account and also SMTP - problem seems resolved todady and all working again now!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Your sending limits are very much reduced if you are doing what you are doing and they work on both an hourly and daily basis for "off net" sending. Your virgin.net address is at risk of being closed without notice. I'd get working on setting up a new on ISP related address and transferring your traffic there. No sending limits. Good luck.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos