Menu
MarieShrewsbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sent multiple emails that never arrived or bounced

This morning I was delayed getting into work and sent a number of emails to multiple recipients to let them know, none of which have been received and none of which have bounced either.

When I got in I tried sending an email to my own work account from my personal Virginmedia email which also neither arrived nor bounced.

Have spoken to my work's IT support who say that the problem isn't at this end.

Can someone tell me how this can happen and what I can do about it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sent multiple emails that never arrived or bounced

What I'd do first of all is check your spam folder to see if the bounces haven't ended up in there.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
MarieShrewsbury
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have checked the spam folder, it is empty.

0 Kudos
MarieShrewsbury
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And quite inexplicably, I received the out of office return from one of the emails I sent around 8am on Tuesday morning, which arrive back with me today (Friday) around 2pm!

The out of office for the same person from the 2nd set of emails I sent Tuesday has not shown up yet.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarieShrewsbury,

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

It does seem to be quite an odd issue especially as you say you didn't get a bounce back message. 

Are you using webmail or client mail? 

Check both for bounce back messages, it may be a little difficult to say what may have caused the issue with out a bounce back. 

There has been some changes to the back end systems that should prevent this issue from occurring in future. 

How have things been looking for you since then? 

Keep me posted. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MarieShrewsbury
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm using webmail and have already checked it for a bounceback - I do not know what client mail is.

It seems a bit queer to say that you don't know what's caused this but you think it's fixed. O_o

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarieShrewsbury, 

Thanks for getting back in touch, that wasn't quite what I meant. Without header information it is difficult to say what caused the issue for you or if it was even mail being bounced back. 

However there has been an issue for a few customer with emails being bounced as Spam Content Found. We have updated some systems recently and there should be a reduction in this type of incident. 

As I can't confirm if that was part of the incident I mentioned the changes in case it was. 

Client mail is just a different way of picking up your mail for example Outlook. 

How have things been for you since you posted?

Many thanks

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
MarieShrewsbury
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They didn't really bounce though so much that they vanished and then were delivered three and a half days later!

Have not sent may emails since then, as my email is down quite a lot as well.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi MarieShrewsbury,

Thanks for getting back in touch, that is quite strange. What domain were the emails heading out to or was it several different domains? 

Keep us posted. 

Emma

0 Kudos