Menu
petewilliams4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sending emails from my phone

I recently changed my password on Virginmedia.  I changed the password in setting on my mobile but every time I try to send or forward an email a window tells me thet either my Virginmedia email address is wrong or my password is wrong.  If I go straight from my phone to my laptop, I can send or foward using exactly the same details.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sending emails from my phone

What phone?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
petewilliams4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Iphone 5s

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Changing the password, particularly for the outgoing server, on an Apple device can be troublesome.  However, there is a step by step guide in the following 'sticky' post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

petewilliams4
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you very much for the link.  It was quite complicated but I realised whilst reading it that all I needed to do was to replace the SMTP password with the new one as well as the IMAP.  I did not need to do that with the Samsung I had previously.  All is now well and thank you very much for the help.