Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
jamjar79

Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 421 aamtaout03-winn.ispma

Hi,

Brand new member and reporting what is probably a common problem. I am on Outlook 2010, have no problem sending emails but just received the message above when attempting to send an email.

I have scoured forums but can't seem to resolve this - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamjar79

Re: Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 421 aamtaout03-winn.ispma

Apologies,

What I meant to say was that I have no problems receiving emails (D'uh) just the above message when sending.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi jamjar79,

Could you confirm what pop and smtp servers and ports you are using?

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamjar79

Hi Rose,

Servers are:

pop.ntlworld.com;

smtp.ntlworld.com

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Human Answer Bank
James_G

Hi jamjar79,

Could you try using the following port numbers:

Outgoing Mail Server Port : 465
Incoming Mail Server Port : 995

If you still have the same issue please try the following as the server address :

smtp.virginmeida.com

Regards,

James Gilbert

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jamjar79

James,

Appreciate the advice on this; however neither option worked. Regarding my incoming server it is actually imap.ntlworld.com. Sent server is still smtp.ntlworld.com.

Very frustrating but if you have any other ideas on this it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
bigdrummerboy

Please help I am having the same intermitant problems sending on my NTLWORLD account.

I have also tried setting the act to smtp.virginmedia.co  and ports to 955 and 465 

Any other suggestions .... please

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Paul_M

Hi guys,

Please see the following post: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Error-421-when-sending-email/td-p/153153

Thanks

Paul
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.