Menu
Josh-Beth
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Scam emails

I have received two scam emails over the last couple of months purporting to be from virgin media?? The latest one told me I was being given 6 weeks free sky sports and I would see that I would have sky sports available immediately, which of course I didn't. What bothers me is that they new I wasn't already getting sky sports. Anyone else getting these quite realistic looking emails?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scam emails

how do you know they didn't know. i can send you an email telling you that you have not won the lottery this week that doesn't mean i have any info about you i just guess right.

maybe the email was sent to millions of people and maybe some of them had sky sports. Your making assumptions here.
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

post the emails, and the email headers if you can, we can then quickly and authoritativelyy tell you if they are genuine or fake

also, if you hover over any embedded links ( don't click) you can see the actual embedded URLs. So phishing attempts can be detected that way.

I never get " would you like to upgrade" emails and I am not convinced that genuine ones exist, but let's taka a look...

we all know that VM refuse to use email for customer support / queries,. so replying to one with a question could be interesting. e.g. ask something about cancellation options 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Josh-Beth

Welcome to our forum, it can be so annoying to receive these emails. Following on from the advice above we do have a website Contact Virgin Media Internet Security Team where we show the latest phishing emails we are aware of and trying to block, also you can tell us of new ones should you wish.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos