Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
ckraina

Samsung GT-S5620

I bought the above phone recently and have had problems getting onto my virgin email.  Having read some tips and set the phone up as suggested through this forum I eventually managed to get into my email box and download my emails.  That was it I thought I'd cracked it, however, not so simple.  I cannot send emails.  Has anyone had the same problem and can provide the elusive set up details? 

Many thanks

CK

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
DJ-Shadow

Re: Samsung GT-S5620

Hello

Which domain are you on, if it NTLWorld.com then you cannot send emails when you are off the VirginMedia cable network.

Mike

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ckraina

Mike, many thanks for your speedy response. I'm using virginmedia.com is that one and the same, if so its a pity because I bought the phone to be able to send messages? perhaps vrigin should do something about it and offer this enhanced service to their customers. Perhaps then I need to open a Google account? CK
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
DJ-Shadow

Hello

It should work what error message do you get. Although they are the same they are different.

Mike

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

If you are still stuck, try the settings listed in this post:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/unable-to-receive-virgin-net-e-mails-on-blackberry-handset...

Making Waves
ckraina

The error message I get is 'No Response', which can't be right as the 2 recipients I am trying to send to are waiting by their computers.

In fact once I had typed the message and pressed 'send' it does try to send the message but after a short period of time comes up with the above message.

CK

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Paul_B

Hi ckraina,

As the Samsung is not a supported product our support is limited. Would you note the settings you have set up on the phone and post them. If you connect to a virgin connection can you send the mails instead of using the mobile network?

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
ckraina

Paul B

Many thanks to all and by following instructions and set ups people on the forum have have sent I have cracked it and can now send and receive e mails thru my Samsung.

A certain karma has returned to my life.

CK:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.