Menu
sloobwardle
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SPAM

I have suddenly started receiving a lot of spam messages. I have clicked on 'settings' to review my spam filters, but the menu is not opening. I have not made any changes, obviously,I have tweeted . Virgin, only to get advice to come onto the forum for help.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SPAM

Try pressing Ctrl and F5 to refresh the webmail page.  Then try the settings menu again.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Try pressing Ctrl and F5 to refresh the webmail page.  Then try the settings menu again.

sloobwardle
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Got into settings via your instructions. Thanks. Spam filter looked correct, so will wait and see what happens!

0 Kudos
malsiluk
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

sloobwardle wrote:

Got into settings via your instructions. Thanks. Spam filter looked correct, so will wait and see what happens!

The fault is not with your own spam settings - it's with Virgin Media's spam filter settings!

Well over a year into it's new 'improved' email system and these clowns still can't work out how to set the system up to stop blatant spam from reaching your inbox, while ensuring that legitimate emails from large companies reach their intended destination!

To borrow a well know line from a famous lager advert - Virgin Media, probably the worst email service in the world!

0 Kudos
sloobwardle
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I agree. It happened, as you said, last year, was inundated with spam emails. They seemed to resolve it, but obviously it's screwed up again!

0 Kudos