Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
srmans

SMTP blueyonder email sending not working again?

Great! Sending email is not working for me tonight. If its not one thing after another since the migration........anyway I followed this post by email admin for the Blueyonder.co.uk settings and my email client (MS Office Outlook 2007) fails to send the one email in my outbox and keeps asking me for new username/password.

Is this a symptom of supposedly incorrect credentials or is the system not accepting SMTP logins at the moment due to an issue?

Is anybody else have trouble tonight?

Please use plain text.
Virgin Media Staff
danbayliss

Re: SMTP blueyonder email sending not working again?

Whats the error message?

Dan Bayliss
Virgin Media
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
srmans

It's actually quite hard to get an error message, I just keep getting the login box being redisplayed. Anyway, eventually got this:

Task 'BlueYonder email - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC92) : 'Your e-mail server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password in your account properties. Under Tools, click E-mail accounts.'

The dialogue that is re-displayed each time sending fails looks like:

Server: smtp.blueyonder.co.uk

User Name: <primary alias>@blueyonder.co.uk

Password: **************

Other settings same as Admin post. I can login using the same credentials to WebMail no problem.

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Virgin Media Staff
danbayliss

Try logging into My Virgin Media to change the password and see if that sorts it.

If not everything else looks correct so i would suggest you phone faults on 151

Dan Bayliss
Virgin Media
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
tonyseymour

Email is down again. Virgin media is **bleep**. let's face it. If I were to treat my customers like this I would be out of business. I'm now getting some kind of encryption message.

Time to change service provider.

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi tonyseymour,

Could you confirm the exact message you are getting?

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
cazshie

Similar here .. but not getting error messages, the emails are simply not arriving at their destination!

I now need to start checking every email sent over the last 2 days to see if they were received .. but cant do that till I know they are once again arriving okay!

I send through smtp.blueyonder.co.uk but I use a personal email address in the "E-mail address" and "Reply address" settings in the "General" tab.

Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Derek1

Sunday 16.34

smtp.blueyonder.co.uk:465 seems to be sending OK

to Webmail server mail.blueyonder.com:443

and then 'pop forwarding' (my@virginmedia.com address) from Webmail server mail.virginmedia.com:443 to pop3.virginmedia.com:995 (Windows Mail)

OK

Looks as if the  BY server is working normally.

----------------------------------------------------------
Vista Home Premium
Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail
Please use plain text.
Proof’s in the Pudding
Derek1

Typo error . .

'mail.blueyonder.com' should have been 'mail.blueyonder.co.uk'

Vista Home Premium
Windows Mail, Windows Live Mail
Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Lee_G

Hi All

We have had some problems with our email platform over the last week or so (information on these issues can be found here and here )

These issues have now been resolved, if you're still experiencing problems please take a look at this sticky which may help you resolve your issue.  We're sorry for any inconvenience these issues have caused

Regards,

Lee Grant

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.

Please can we ask you not to PM the Forum team unless requested to do so by us
Please use plain text.