Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2 (3,400 Views)

Retrieving deleted emails

Hi there, we desperately need to retrieve a deleted email from late July/early August 2015 as we are in dispute with park resorts over mis-selling and its our only written proof!

can anyone help our plight?

How do we retrieve an email from so long ago?

Any help appreciated!

Garry.

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 2 (6,769 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by millerg264
‎03-08-2016 14:15

Re: Retrieving deleted emails

Let's deal with this quickly. You need to log into VM web mail using your e-mail address and password. If the e-mail is there it will most likely be in one of two places and you need to look in both. The first is the Trash folder under your inbox, the second is in Deleted items folder under Google or Gmail Folders (these contain the mail that was transferred from the old system that VM used before they migrated to their new system last year).

Now the other possibility is that it is still on your computer if you are using an e-mail client to download, read and manage your e-mails. An e-mail client is something like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. Again the deleted items/trash folders are most likely hideouts.

But if it is not in web mail or still on your computer then I'm afraid it's been deleted and is gone for good.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 2 (6,770 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by millerg264
‎03-08-2016 14:15

Re: Retrieving deleted emails

Let's deal with this quickly. You need to log into VM web mail using your e-mail address and password. If the e-mail is there it will most likely be in one of two places and you need to look in both. The first is the Trash folder under your inbox, the second is in Deleted items folder under Google or Gmail Folders (these contain the mail that was transferred from the old system that VM used before they migrated to their new system last year).

Now the other possibility is that it is still on your computer if you are using an e-mail client to download, read and manage your e-mails. An e-mail client is something like Outlook, Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail. Again the deleted items/trash folders are most likely hideouts.

But if it is not in web mail or still on your computer then I'm afraid it's been deleted and is gone for good.

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.