Menu
HGBob
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Repeat blocking of e-mail account

Hi, each week for the past four weeks, our e-mail account has been blocked by virginmedia.

The first time, we had a letter through, saying that one of our e-mail addresses may have been used to send spam e-mails.

The address in question has not been used and had been deleted by ourselves for at least two years.

We followed the procedure on the tech help (150 on the phone) and reset the passwords. We were told the e-mail account in question would be deactivated at the Virginmedia end. 

All worked fine, but a week later the same thing happened again. Same reset of passwords via tech help and so on again and the same thing this week.

We've said that this keeps happening to tech help and they say it should be sorted but each Monday starts with the message that 'virginmedia are unable to verify your password' - signifying that it's been blocked by Virginmedia. We sometimes get a delayed text message on the mobile following this.

Any ideas how to stop this happening? It's inconvenient and I'm running out of passwords.

Same agin this 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeat blocking of e-mail account

Hello HGBob

Welcome to our forum, I am really sorry that this has been happening. You have done everything correct and we should have picked up on this earlier please accept our apologies. I am arranging to have the problematic email address totally deleted from all our servers P007834313, please allow us up to 10 days, we will let you know once it has been done. Also I have fed back your experiences to our security team.

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello HGBob

Thank you for your patience, the mailbox is now totally deleted form all our servers. Hopefully from this point forward you will have no more letters, however if you do please do not hesitate to update this thread.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
HGBob
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nicola,

I do believe that this problem may well have been solved now, thank you.

Not had a repeat of the e-mails being blocked for the past two weeks.

Thanks again, Bob.

Bestie
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Why is Virgin keeping deleted email addresses attached to peoples accounts? After 2 Years of deletion the username can be used by someone else anyway I believe.

0 Kudos
Biffy
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos