Menu
joken2107
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Regular emails are now being rejected as Spam!

I've been having the odd email not come through for a while, people tell me they've emailed me and they have been rejected or returned but just today lots of emails are not getting through!  I'm losing business because of this which is annoying, thankfully my Customer told me and I asked her to email my gmail account and also my partners account, which is actually also an ntlworld account!  Both have been rejected when I tried to forward them to me.  

I'm getting sick of this now, really sick......

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular emails are now being rejected as Spam!

joken2107 wrote:

Both have been rejected when I tried to forward them to me.  

I'm getting sick of this now, really sick......

What is the precise bounce message you are getting?  Please don't paraphrase as the wording is significant.  However don't post any full email addresses.

Also, I would point out that using a free residential email service for business use is a false economy.  If you are running a business you should either manage your own email or use a hosted plan which is suitable for business use.  Such plans have tight SLA's with regard to the resolution of problems and guarantees of uptime, none of which are present on any free e-mail service.  (And before you say you pay for it, you don't.  Virgin Media go to great lengths to point out it is a free extra, the fact that it's only available to broadband customers does not change that fact).

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

joken2107
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On the two I've had tonight the message is....
Your message to < my email address > was automatically rejected: SPAM
That was from a regular email address and also my Partners email which is an ntlworld email address
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That doesn't look like the full message.

The message normally contains the error code transmitted by the receiving server, as well as the server SMTP banner both of which are valuable information.

However, if it's actually saying Spam Content Found then check your spam settings in webmail.  These should have been changed at the beginning of this year to mark as spam and deliver to spam folder.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
joken2107
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I do get lots go into Spam folder, and mostly the rules that I set work, still feel that some slip through but not many.  The particular email that bothered me from yesterday doesn't have anything in it that is identified in the spam settings at all.  

My settings are set to go to spam folder but these two didn't.  They just are not in my emails on the server at all.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi joken2107,

Sorry for your spam/bounced mail issue. I shall do what I can to help. 

Firstly, assuming that the email address in question is the one that you registered to this Forum with, I have sent a test email to that address (sent from a test blueyonder account). 
It is showing as Sent and I have received no NDR so far.

Next I should like to inspect the header of a failed sent email and the associated bounced back message, in full. Please provide me with that information by way of reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page), but don't post publicly as it may contain personal data.

And I'd just like to confirm that the spam settings you've checked are those in webmail as opposed to client?

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos