Menu
Riddim36
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Recent inabilty to login to email server

I noticed that recently, I am not the only one who has had trouble logging in to email server (ntlworld.com).

It not too bad at the moment...Reason for my post, I would like to know if there is any traffic impact or unnecessary server activity as a result of my Virgin Firefox Tab constantly switching the Label  from "Virgin Media Inbox" to "New Mail" every 1/2 second.

I wondered if this could be an overhead which if multiplied by thousands of users, could have an impact on the efficiency of the servers ?

0 Kudos
acrema
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Recent inabilty to login to email server

I also have problems logging into email. It seems hit and miss, and is a fairly recent occurance. I am on ntl.com and use Firefox.

Sorry that this didn't answer your questionRiddim36.

acrema

0 Kudos
myss
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I'm another who cannot sign into their email account (ntlworld). As mentioned above it's been hit and miss lately, more hit if anything. I was able to view my emails this morning but have tried twice already and it just has those repetitive three dots in the middle of the screen as if it's in the progress of opening my account. Except for I've left my screen waiting and gone off to get something else, and come back minutes later to see the same screen.

I'm also having problems with my TV on Demand services, which isn't being recognised by the service status, so I'm wondering if they're connected.

0 Kudos
myss
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You won't believe this but I tried to gain access one more time after writing the above post - and got through. Balmy. Still - it shouldn't take me three times to get that access though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello Riddim36

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems signing into webmail. We are aware of an intermittent problem F004886834 and it is proving quite elusive to track down although it does not seem to be related to the overhead of screen refreshing. 

Thank you for your patience

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here trying to access our @virgin.net accounts.  What I have found is that using the F5 key once or twice to refresh the screen with the three flashing dots usually gets me in.

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron