Menu
paanibay
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Receiving some but not all emails from same sender

I have a domain which sends me emails, sometimes 20+ a day. I have been recieving these successfully for years. Recently some of the emails were seriously delayed (5+ hours) now in the last few days I am not getting some of them at all - some emails arrive some don't. I assume this is some of limiting to stop spam, though they are not reaching the spam folder. Is there anyway I can indicate I want to receive all emails from a particular domain?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving some but not all emails from same sender

The answer is that there is nothing you can do to ensure that VM deliver all your mail and all of it promptly. VM are indulging in grey-listing and rate limiting and the system is way too sensitive. The VM mail system is dysfunctional and in my opinion and the opinion of other Superusers should not be used. In particular it should not be used for receiving forwarded e-mail. Instead you should be looking at a proper hosting solution to ensure that mail is delivered direct to you. Alternatively open an address with something like GMail and have the mail delivered there. More reliable and less prone to this kind of thing.

And just to be clear I have moved all my routine mail to my Outlook on the web account because I feel I cannot rely on the VM mail offering.

VM Forum Team staff will get round to your post in due course and may ask for further information to see if they can help you. But that won't solve your immediate issue.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
paanibay
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I have done as you suggested and set up a Gmail account. I hope Virgin are taking note of these issues must be causing a lot of people problems.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello paanibay

Very sorry your email is getting delayed, as Howard mentioned it may be down to us rate limiting blacklisted servers, apologies sometimes the delay is unreasonable and even may end up with the the sending relay giving up. We would like to help with this, I will send you a forum private message to discuss further.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos