Menu
Highlighted
Cdten627
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Receiving 1000s old emails on my iPhone

Had my iPhone & Ntlworld email for years. Not changed any settings on phone or emails. Suddenly this morning I've started to receive 1000s of emails going back to March this year. Each time I check my emails on my iPhone it downloads several hundred more emails! I am on holiday abroad but haven't changed any settings! Help would be appreciated - thanks in advance.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Receiving 1000s old emails on my iPhone

Hey Cdten627,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy sorry to hear you've started receiving older emails to your iPhone again.

Are you using the in-built Mail app to access your emails? Can you check the settings to see if your account is set as POP3 or IMAP please? Go to Settings > Accounts & Passwords, then select the NTL World email account and see what it's set up as.

If it's POP3 then it might be better to set as IMAP as this will synchronise the email account with the server, so you shouldn't encounter spontaneous download of older emails again. Just take a look at our email settings if you need any help changing things.

Let me know how you get on.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos