Menu
LEP
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 151
Flag for a moderator

Re: "I'm not a robot" message on webmail sign in

So much for this "feature" being turned off already, I have now had this extra hassle tonight on top of the other delays to getting into e-mail.

On several browsers and on different PCs now I am am having inordinate delays signing in:

I get told sometimes that my cookies are disabled; they are not.
> Get around this by clicking [Back] [Reload] and trying again, whereupon it magically finds my cookies are not disabled after all.

I get told my e-mail account is locked and I have to phone you.
> Get around this by having a site stored in history where I looked at an e-mail, go to this and magically my account is no longer locked without me wasting time and money calling you on a phone and I can use e-mail after all; have bookmarked such a page in case my history gets wiped.

I just get a blank screen with grey dots in the middle of the screen.
> Get around this by going to the Virgin Media page and signing out then clicking on the e-mail link and signing in again. (clicking on the normal sign in and then trying to go to e-mail just gets me the three grey dots again) Sometimes it then tells me cookies are disabled but can get around that as above.

I get asked to confirm I am not a robot,
1) if I have to tick a box I tick it and it works; yay!
2) if I have to select pictures of sweets, road signs or ice cream it ask me again, it asks me 3 times then asks me to copy and paste some text after which it asks me three more times to identify street signs, sweets or ice screams then asks me to copy and paste some text after which it asks me three more... ad nauseum
> Get around this by closing that browser and never using it again to ever view e-mails. Use a different browser and I can read and send e-mails again.

Please fix this silly robot question issue before I run out of Browsers; I currently have FireFox, Iron, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera and Comet Bird installed on this PC. Chrome and Iron have this insurmountable problem now but FireFox hasn't asked me yet for more than a tick box so it is still working.

I did have this issue also on another PC running Internet Explorer but there it accepted I was not a robot after just two sets of pictures.

It would be nice for you to fix the first three issues as they are rather annoying but if you don't fix the robot thing before I run out of browsers  I will be forced to find another ISP as I do need to read e-mails for work.

anneg
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 151
Flag for a moderator

yes you have the option to forward - I've done that with all my email addresses.

Select Settings on the right at the top, then select auto forwarding 3rd down on the left - enter another email address, tick if you want to retain a copy in virgin and then enabled and it works from then on.

Seems to be working well at the moment - though not sure if it will forward the spam folder messages so if you get any in there that are not spam you wont see them.

Isys
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 151
Flag for a moderator

After 5 days of being unable to access my contacts list, I now have to deal with the captcha again too. So much for a seamless transition. You are not inspiring confidence in your new Webmail Virgin.

LEP
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 151
Flag for a moderator

It's getting worse this morning on FireFox it just asked me to tick a box, and I did, and it came up with the Good-To-Go tick so I clicked sign In and... it asked me again, and again, and again then it asked me to identify pictures, new ones this time; waffles and pancakes. After half a dozen tries I have given up so there's another browser locked out of e-mail.

Virgin Media what are you trying to do here? Have you decided you have too many customers or something?

Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 151
Flag for a moderator

We’re always working to keep our customers safe online which is why we recently added some extra security to customers My Virgin Media portals.

We've done this in a different way to last time - now if you attempt to log in incorrectly five times or more, (and similar requests) you'll have to go through the Captcha process. This will stay active on your login for the next 24 hrs.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Isys
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 151
Flag for a moderator

James_W wrote:
now if you attempt to log in incorrectly five times or more, (and similar requests) you'll have to go through the Captcha process.

Except I haven't had any failed attempts or similar in the past 24 hours or earlier. This happened on my first login today and each subsequent login. So it's not working as intended.

0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 7 of 151
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Isys 

I've checked this with the support team, and it is getting looked at.

We think we've spotted an exception that's causing this on your account, and we’ll keep you informed regarding when this is fixed.

James

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
smurfitt
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 151
Flag for a moderator

ABSOLUTELY FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS!!

0 Kudos
LEP
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 151
Flag for a moderator

OK so here is a screen shot of one of the problems I am having, as you can see the Capture thingy has accepted I clicked the right images of ice creams but still after clicking [Sign In] it just asks me to confirm I am not a robot againConfirmed.GIF

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 151
Flag for a moderator

I had this click in for my primary My VM account yesterday - it clicked in after a bunch of brief sign ins and sign outs in a 10 minute window (6~8 sign in and sign outs from the same account.) No failed login attempts. I was testing things out at the time.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos