Menu
helenmac
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: iphone / ipad email

I am having the same problems with ntlworld.com.  Emails are coming through on my pc and smartphone but have not received anything for two days on my ipad.  The message says "the mail server "imap.ntlworld.com" is not responding.  Verify that you have entered the correct account info in Mail settings"
I have not changed any settings but looked at them and they seem OK.  Looking at the status checker it does say there is an issue on webmail plus 2 Tivo issues. What are they playing at??

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not an uncommon issue. advice would be to delete the account on your ipad and add it back folowing this guidance with the appropriate ntlworld.com settings.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

If this doesn't work come back and we'll help further

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have moved your duplicate posts from the Forum. The rule is one thread per issue or we all get confused trying to help. If you persist in making further duplicate posts I'll do the same for them. If you need to add further information add it to this thread.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Not an uncommon issue. advice would be to delete the account on your ipad and add it back folowing this guidance with the appropriate ntlworld.com settings.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-DO...

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

If this doesn't work come back and we'll help further

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
helenmac
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Done it at last. Many thanks
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That is cool - you are hereby forgiven for those duplicate posts, but never again please. And do come back for more advice if you need it. We do have a lot of the answers.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
SandyD
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Tried your suggestions but still can't send emails from my iphone.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Let me put it this way. My car won't start so I did what the man down the road did when his car didn't start but my car still won't start. Get the picture - this sparse description of the problem doesn't help us to help you at all?

Tell us what you are doing and what you are seeing by way of error messages , if any. We are are not mind readers and neither can we see what you are doing and how you are doing it. We are totally reliant on what you tell us.

Is it send only that is the problem? Can you receive OK. Can you send and receive from VM web mail? Vital information if we are to help. How long has this been going on for?

OK?

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi SandyD, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

So we can get to the bottom of this please advise of the following;

Let us know how you are getting on. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos