Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
AndrewStevenson

Problems with blueyonder.co.uk email

really hacked off

totally been unable to use Outlook 2007 since move to gmail

using windows7 so update tool does not work

checked manual settings several times and still get error messages - server name can't be found on network

tried thunderbird - manual settings don't work there either

been virgin customer for 10 + years and the fact that major email clients are not supported by tech support tells me a lot

if anyone can help please let me know

if anyone has same problem again please let me know - perhaps we can mount joint action against virgin!

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

Re: Problems with blueyonder.co.uk email

yeah you need to alter the server settings 

http://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1002&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZONE...

yeah i know it designed for @virginmedia.com just need to replace that with @blueyonder.co.uk 

hope this helps 

Paultechy.

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Boffin
sdoerr

[ Edited ]

As Paul says, his guide should work if you replace virginmedia.com with blueyonder.co.uk, though I'd add a couple of comments:

• wherever username is mentioned, I think this needs to be the primary email address as chosen arbitrarily by Virgin (you can find out what it is through selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk). In my case, although the email address I generally use is john.smith@..., my username is jsmith@...
  • if you need to access the same email more than once (e.g. from two machines, two pieces of software on the same machine, or two accounts belonging to the same actual mailbox) the incoming (POP3) username (but not the email address as such or the outgoing/SMTP username) needs the prefix 'recent:'. Thus, the email address is john.smith@..., the incoming username is recent:jsmith@..., and the outgoing username (if using authentication) just jsmith@....
I have successfully configured Outlook 2007 on Vista and Outlook 2010 Beta on Windows 7, so you should be able to get 2007/W7 to work.
-- 
Steve
EDIT: removed private information and substituted with fake username

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Dragonmad

I have windows 7 and since it doesn't support outlook I down loaded Mozilla thunderbird and used the settings suggested on the Virgin Media website and... it don't work. so I tried downloading Windows Live Mail and... the same. what am I doing wrong? Please help. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Superuser
paultechy

@dragonmad what happens when you try send/recv?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Kath_F

Hi Dragonmad,

I'm sorry to hear you are having issues trying to set up your mail in an email client.

How far are you getting and what sorts of error messages are you coming across?

What server settings are you entering aswell?

Let me know so we can help :smileyhappy:

Thanks,

Kath
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.