Menu
rob2902
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problems sending emails

Ive got a blueyonder email account and up until a week or so ago had no problems .Can still receive incoming mail but when I try and send mail it bounces back saying incorrect username or password. I've changed nothing and the same happens with laptop, phone and iPad. Tried deleting account and deactivating it, password shows as correct in settings, running out of ideas, anyone else experiencing problems ? Other email account at Outlook works fine across all devices

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems sending emails

Because it's reporting Authentication Details invalid - consider manually changing the SMTP server password.  Certainly for an IPad simply deleting and recreating an account won't change those.  See my post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

Even if you think the password is correct deleting and reentering the password can fix the problem.

Thanks for looking Nicola.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Nicola_C could you take a look at this?

Ravenstar68

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks ravenstar68 will do

Hello rob2902

Sorry you are having problems, I have assumed it is the email address you have registered with the forum so if it is not please let me know.

SMTP POP3 and IMAP login scripts are working fine here and the SMTP logs for the last couple of days are showing "Authentication Credentials Invalid (VM300)" 

Would it be possible to login to My Virgin Media using your primary username and change the password on the problematic email address please, this will hopefully refresh all our servers and then please update your devices.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Because it's reporting Authentication Details invalid - consider manually changing the SMTP server password.  Certainly for an IPad simply deleting and recreating an account won't change those.  See my post here

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ipad-Iphone-SMTP-why-deleting-and-recreating-an-account-D...

Even if you think the password is correct deleting and reentering the password can fix the problem.

Thanks for looking Nicola.

Ravenstar68

rob2902
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Nicola,

you were right, deleting and reentering the password has done the trick,it's always the simple things isn't it?, many thanks for your help

Rob