Menu
Chrissien
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Problems sending blueyonder emails

For a week or so I have been having problems sending emails on my Mac.   I keep getting the message 'SMTP connection to server smtp.blueyonder.co.uk failed'.   

This happens intermittently throughout the day and is, quite frankly, very annoying.   I had a build up of emails in my outbox earlier this morning which eventually sent now they're starting to build up again.   I see others have had the same problem and the suggestion is that the problem has been fixed.   It certainly hasn't for me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems sending blueyonder emails

Hi Chrissien,

I am sorry about your problems sending mail. There could be a number of reasons for your failure to send mail. The issue that affected some customers recently has since been resolved so I don't believe it to be related (though I'm happy to be corrected if I'm wrong).

When this happens is your connection to the Internet still maintained? No disconnections? And do you get any problems in receiving mail?

I'd like to draw your attention to our mail server settings, please take a look and ensure that you have the correct outgoing server details.

One final thing, does this issue occur on only one device? If you're unsure could you set up mail on a different device to test?

Regards,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Chrissien
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems sending blueyonder emails

Hi Jen

Its just the outgoing server - I'm receiving emails without any problems and am also able to browse the Internet.  The only disconnection seems to be the SMTP - it did, by the way, happen again today around 1.30 - 2.00 p.m.   The last day or so it hasn't been as bad (but now I've said that it'll probably be awful tomorrow Smiley Tongue). 

My mail server settings are fine and its only on my iMac that I have the problem.   iPhone fine (although, after a recent update, I did have problems sending emails for a while).

I'm away for a couple of weeks from Saturday so apologies if you respond and I don't.

Chrissien

0 Kudos