Menu
amanita
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Problems logging into smtp server from android phone

Hi,

I am the primary email account holder and I can receive and send emails ok from my phone for my blueyonder account.

However, my husband who has a secondary account has been having problems sending emails from his phone for the last few months. When putting in the setting for the SMTP server, it won't allow signing in, there is no reply from the server. This only happens when using mobile broadband (we don't use virgin mobile) There is no problem sending emails from the phone when using the Virgin wifi on the phone, or using the PC. So this only happens when he is not already signed into the server.

I have just managed to get a workaround by changing his smtp settings to log into my primary account, and this means he can now send emails, but it's not ideal. 

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems logging into smtp server from android phone

Hello amanita

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems with your husband's email address. It looks to be failing authentication attempts from here. Would you be so kind as to try changing the password by logging into My Virgin media with the primary details and then subsequently on your devices. 

Please let us know how it goes from then...

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos