Menu
joseph-alfred
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Problems accessing webmail

For weeks I have been experiencing a most unsatisfactory and annoying webmail service from Virgin Media. I emailed the Postmaster @ Blueyonder but only got back an automated reply. I have been searching the Virgin Media site for Customer Service that I can contact directly, but all I can find are links to common problems.

The broadband service is working well, and at 150 mbits is quite fast. However, when I sign in for email I get any one of a number of errors as listed below. Very seldomly do I get access to my emails straight off. I gave up using an email client when I got a SSD drive to minimize the writing and deleting. I use one of my browsers, either Edge or Internet Explorer 11 to access the online mail. Whilst I have no problem with Hotmail I do have them with Blueyonder.

These are the frustrating errors I get:

Hangs on "Waiting for identity"
"Sorry we're experiencing technical difficulties"
Hangs on "mail2.virginmedia.com"
"Connection error This service is not available right now. Retry"
Sometimes clicking on "Retry" gets me through to my mail but often not.

Another thing that sometimes happens is that when forwarding an email I have received, it opens it on another window in a faded form as is normal. Usually I am able to modify it and, of course, enter the addressee. But occasionally, I am not able to even enter the addressee and have to discard it and try again later.

I notice that other clients have been having similar problems with webmail. Does Virgin Media have a solution yet?

Alf

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Problems accessing webmail

yeah you can link it via pop3 -> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10777/how-to-add-any-pop3-email-account-to-hotmail/
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

better way to avoid issues is set up a 3rd party email account e.g. gmail, yahoo, outlook etc.. and set the emails to be transferred/forwarded to the 3rd party and possible advise your contact of your new email address. since dont think this is going be fixed anytime soon.,
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Here we go again. Sorted Wednesday, back today

Connection error

The service is not available right now. Retry

Retry = many, many times including clearing cache and rebooting and trying different machines

0 Kudos
SilverLady
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same problems. Had to stop using Windows Live Mail when I upgraded Windows and then switched to Virgin webmail - worst move I ever made.

Have now encountered 'unable to move e-mail' problem as well as this connection problem (see other thread)
0 Kudos
joseph-alfred
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Paultechy for your suggestion. I already have a Hotmail account. Does the redirect work with Hotmail, do you know? My Virgin Media address is with Blueyonder. (it's sods law but the last couple of times, my emails have downloaded within a few of seconds!)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

yeah you can link it via pop3 -> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10777/how-to-add-any-pop3-email-account-to-hotmail/
joseph-alfred
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks, Paul
0 Kudos
veryolduser
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So now we need another account to read virgin emails?
0 Kudos