Menu
kirth42
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Problems accessing blueyonder email

Yesterday (Sunday 19th February) all my devices (iPhone , iPad and computer) all started rejecting my email password. I therefore came to the Virgin /Media website where (similarly) it rejected my username and password.

I then changed my Virgin Media password to see if this would restore my access but, even after this,I am still unable to logon to my Virgin Media account.

Can you let me know whether anything has changed recently that would cause this issue?

Andrew

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems accessing blueyonder email

So you were able to sign in to My Virgin media and change your email password. Given everything else in your post that seems odd.

Can you confirm that you have a current VM broadband account and that your blueyonder account is linked to it?
kirth42
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

No I cannot logon to my VirginMedia account. It will allow me to select the "Forgotten password" link, but having changed my password, it still won't let me in 

I can however confirm that I do have a current VM account. Indeed I was a subscriber of the original Cable and Wireless company, that became BlueYonder and now VirginMedia so I've been with them over 15 years

0 Kudos
kirth42
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Spoken to Virgin and apparently they have blocked my entire account as my email account is being used to send out spam emails. They have sent me a letter with instructions to rectify this.

However I am a  little frustrated

(a) at the lack of communication about the problem - would have been better to let me know before disabling everything and leaving me in the dark

(b) at the inability to stop emails separately from the rest of VM activities

(c) at the inability to have the support team rectify this by, say, sending me the instructions using a separate (gmail) account to speed up the re-connection

0 Kudos