Menu
Winter06
Joining in
Message 1 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Problems accessing Email

I have been having a lot of problems connecting to the Virgin email service of late with it either not loading, part loading, slow loading and messages from Virgin saying they are having technical difficulties. Are others having the same problem?

My concern is that I previously had the Virgin Music service but, then they decided not to continue with it because it was not financially viable and that they may be cutting back on the email service with a view to stopping it.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems accessing Email

Winter06 wrote:

I have been having a lot of problems connecting to the Virgin email service of late with it either not loading, part loading, slow loading and messages from Virgin saying they are having technical difficulties. Are others having the same problem?

Until Virgin Media address this issue you will need to reload the web page, for example, by pressing press Ctrl + R (reload) or Ctrl + Shift + R (bypass cache, reload); alternately use an email client to negate the issue.

My concern is that I previously had the Virgin Music service but, then they decided not to continue with it because it was not financially viable and that they may be cutting back on the email service with a view to stopping it.  

You may be right or it could just be a poor email service.

0 Kudos
Ruth58
Tuning in
Message 3 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

I am also experiencing problems receiving emails. I tried Ravenstar's solution of resetting password but I still have no emails. 

Any other ideas? 

I bypassed the system to log in but am still having no emails since 15/1/17. 

Can anyone suggest a fix, as I am doing a tribunal and it is URGENT! 

I would check the box but I wont recieve the email to alert me if someone sends me one!

Likewise if I forget my password when I need to use the Forum, it goes to email which I don't have. So frustrating! Please sort out a text message service to alert me when this happens like Google does. 

Thanks, 

Ruth58

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Winter06,

Sorry for your email issues. We are aware of some varied and intermittent problems with webmail access and are investigating this with a view to providing a resolution.

In the meantime we recommend that you set up an email client instead. Or that you access webmail via a different browser, Google Chrome seems to provide good results at the moment. 

Please let us know how you get on with the above Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ruth58,

I am sorry that you are having problems with email too, I shall do my best to get this matter resolved for you.

Your issue does appear to differ from that of the OP as it sounds as though access is fine but expected emails aren't being delivered. Is that correct?

So that I can find out what's happening I wonder if you'd mind answering these questions:

• How do you access your emails - via webmail or a client?
  • Are you able to send emails?
  • Have you checked all folders, in webmail, for the missing emails including Trash and Spam?
  • What are your Spam Settings currently set to?

I have also sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting details about your email address. Please reply when you can and I'll see what I can do for you.

Bye for now,

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Ruth58
Tuning in
Message 6 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen_A, 

Just for the Record, I am using webmail and client. 

Funnily enough, they both stopped allowing me to see emails at the same time. 

I think I can still send, but am not receiving any, so am resorting to a different email address until this is sorted.. 

I recently decided to set up some more spam setting rules as I get so much junk. Could this be causing the problem? 

Today I had about 8 Spam emails into Spam, but oddly, I did not receive your test email. There is nothing coming into Inbox. 

In order to see if it would help, I have emptied Inbox into Archive, and there still have not been any extra emails. 

Thanks for looking into this, 

Ruth58

0 Kudos
mat
Dialled in
Message 7 of 20
Flag for a moderator

I've been unable to reply to or compose emails since yesterday morning as well as being unable to send emails from any of my android devices either.

WHAT is going on VM?

Since being acquired by liberty media things have gone from bad to utterly abysmal!!!!!!!!!

I recently renewed my contract as there's no way i'm signing up for murdoch's sky and even the rep i spoke with over the phone agreed that things were rapidly going down hill, particularly since the acquisition by liberty media, even more so since they acquired formula one!

seems like things are being stripped to the bone and beyond to help liberty balance the books!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Slight clarification to the above.  Virgin Media is owned by Liberty Global.  The Formula One acquisition is by Liberty Media.  As I understand it these are sister companies.

duarose
Just joined
Message 9 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I'm also seeing this problem. No incoming emails since Saturday night, but I can send emails no problem.

I have sent myself test emails from my phone and they are not being delivered; this happens in my desktop email client (Thunderbird) and on the web mail.

-Duncan

0 Kudos
mat
Dialled in
Message 10 of 20
Flag for a moderator

Hey Graham_A

Thanks mate, although as you point out they're 'sister companies' which renders the point somewhat moot as most of us are intelligent enough to know why corporations split things into 'separate entities'.

STILL cannot compose or reply to emails.....

0 Kudos