Menu
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Problem with people receiving my emails

Hi I am sending emails but it seems they are NOT reaching their destination. I have even sent emaisl to my self and do not receive them.

Also not sure if its to do with the same problem or not but on Microsoft outlook it will not sync my emails i get an error message. I was told to use IMAp so that messages stay on the server, but my current email client Incredimail does not seem to support Imap and when i type in the info given to set up ie: imap. ntlworld.com port 993 it will not accept it. seems only to accept pop3.ntlworld.com with port 995, so i have tried to use Outlook Microsoft outlook instead for emails. but again seems to be problems.

i get error message Socket Error: 122, Port: 993, Protocol: IMAP.The data area passed to a system call is too small.

Is there a know issue?

0 Kudos
muffmasterh
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with people receiving my emails

yes there is but not a known solution, email been down most of the day but the question is has every email sent & received over that period lost forever ??

0 Kudos
desmo11225
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello All

I have a very old e.mail address @ntlworld.com Some of my emails are either sent to draft or not at all is this the same problem being experienced with virgin mail and will it be rectified at the same time, I have had my e.mail address so long I really do not want to change it now, there will be so much more hassle.              Looking forward to your reply.   Regards   desmo11225   PS   This is the first time I have used this service 

0 Kudos
desmo11225
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello All

I am still not sure if my problem is solved and looking at my mail this morning I see two messages sent are in the draft box, I have to admit I am not the best computer user at 91yrs old but I have'nt experience this problem before especially as it's intermittent.      All the Best      desmo11225         P.S Has anyone else got this problem. 

0 Kudos
linny40
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Desmo11225,

Could it be that you started to write them and then left them for a while - thats sometimes why they end up in the draft box, so that you can go back to it later to finish it and send it.. Have you checked they they have actually been sent ( look in your sent file) If they have been sent them you can delete what is in the draft folder as its really just a reminder for you . hope that helps Linny

ps in answer to your origonal question, if they are not sent they would still be in your outbox, you may need to click open it and mark as unread for it to send.

0 Kudos
desmo11225
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello linny40

Thank's for your reply,no , I always write an e.mail and send it straight away , I never use the draft box .

I think it would be best now if I wait and see how I get on for a while but I will certainly respond when I am satisfied every thing is O.K.

Thank you ALL, I'm sure I have joined a very helpful site,    Kind Regards     desmo11225

0 Kudos
desmo11225
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Everyone

I promised to say if my email problem was sorted but a month has gone by already and I have had no problem since,

Thank You All

linny40
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi yes i must admit i hve had no problems for a while, must have been a glitch in the system. I have now even stopped getting spam on one of my email addresses, so all is good Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
desmo11225
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello All

I have had no problems with people receiving my emails for some time now but this week it seems the old problem has returned, several emails were never received and now this afternoon 2 emails were in my draft box.           Has any one else had this problem return.      desmo11225

0 Kudos