Menu
Dollydrop
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem receiving emails

Why am I not receiving emails from contacts which I previously had no problem with.  I have called the contact who have told me they have sent the message twice - neither have been received.

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem receiving emails

Same for me from HMRC.

Did they send attachments? Because it seems VM has been blocking them again, this happened last year in April with me also.

It is an utter joke, and it seems to be always with important emails.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome Dollydrop and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble receiving some emails.

Usually in this scenario the email in question has been sent through to the spam folder on webmail. If you login and click on the spam folder does the email show in there? If not then I would ask the person sending the email if they're receiving any bounce back messages and if so what that message is. This might give us a better understanding of what is happening.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stephen this is done on the network side, not on the client side.

Emails are not being received because of this.

So I have been contacting businesses etc I have sent emails to over the last 3 months using my gmail addy, and out of the 32 I talked to, 19 wrote back to me.. but I received only 2 of those emails in the past. So 17 went AWOL on a network level, 2 of which was final job offers that I never seen the light of day and lost employment because of it.

This has been going on since last year, I called up about it, and it was limited at the time to blueyonder addresses mostly, and it seems nothing has changed at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if I have lost other emails from the time reporting until now, let alone the last 3 months.

I asked a few on any messages received back for the mail failing... none of them say they got anything back in that regards.

So yeah... thanks VM, thanks for "taking things seriously" back in April which obviously wasn't.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi DABhand,

The default webmail spam setting used to be 'reject all spam'. This meant that if email was, for any reason, flagged as spam, then it would not be delivered.

We've now changed the default setting so that spam mail is delivered to the spam folder. This new mail behaviour should prevent any further instances of 'lost mail'.

If your expected emails aren't in the spam folder (and cannot be found in any other folder), then the sender will need to check for any failed delivery notifications. 

If the email sent by them was successful then the header of the sent email will tell us what happened.

Please ask for the above information and send to me by way of reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll find out what's what for you.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Love your avatar by the way - I'm a huge Monkey fan Smiley Tongue

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos