Check your service statusCable National
Ask a Question
One to Watch
kevmac1234

Pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

Hi having problems with my email using Thunderbird 11.0.1 have not changed any account details  on my account for months , since 7am this morning when i try to get my mail i get the following error message "Sending of password did not succeed. Mail server pop3.blueyonder.co.uk responded: Username and password not accepted." now as i said i have not made any changes to my username or password in months and was working perfectly last thing lastnight, Have tried the pop3 virginmedia.com server settings etc get the same result as the pop3 blueyonder.com. I can access my email from the webmail webpage  no problem, but i prefer to use Thunderbird as my email client, is there a problem with the pop3 verification server? i am based on the Uddingston UBR.

Kevin McAlorum

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kevmac1234

Re: Pop3.blueyonder.co.uk

Anyone got any idea about the POP3 server, i have tried every combination of servers settings etc still keeps saying it cannot authorise my username\password, i have the original letter with my details of password etc so i know it is correctly set in my  Thunderbird settings,

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Try using the latest setting in the link below, and yes they ARE for all BY, NTL and Virgin email accounts

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Mobile/Virgin-Media-Email-Settings/td-p/863987

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
kevmac1234

Thanks Tricky John, that did the trick, strange one that, turns out it was the password that was wrong, i have always used the original password that i received when i joined up years ago and this was the one i had in my settings  in Thunderbird uptil yesterday when it said my password was wrong, popped in the password i use for my webmail and Hey Presto!!! it access Pop3 server again, strange :smileyhappy:, but anyway thankyou for replying to my query

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Hi kevmac1234,

I'm glad to see you've managed to get the problem fixed.

Many thanks also to TrickyJohn for supplying information on how to resolve these problems.

Dai_T
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.