Menu
rjsnuffs
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pleeeaaassseeee!! How do I syn email messages from virgin media on different devices using outlook?

My dad uses Microsoft Outlook to look at his messages (from his virgin media account).  He's just got a new laptop and wants the messages and folder set up to be the same as on his PC?

For the life of me I can't figure it out!!!

Any help, gratefully received.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pleeeaaassseeee!! How do I syn email messages from virgin media on different devices using outlook?

You need to set up Outlook to use IMAP. It reflects exactly the folder set up in web mail and that in turn is reflected on all other devices using IMAP. Settings here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Virgin-Media-Email-settings/td-p/3166396

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
rjsnuffs
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pleeeaaassseeee!! How do I syn email messages from virgin media on different devices using outlook?

Thanks.

I'm being a numptee, but my dad has set everything up on his PC in outlook.  If I change his outlook to use IMAP will it reflect the virgin media set up (which currently has over 6000 emails and no folder structure) rather than his PC/outlook structure?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

the former, rather than the latter. Explain clearly what he wants.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos